Saturday, March 16, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 11

Welcome to Week 11 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Can you believe that we are heading toward finishing the first quarter of 2019?  I've done some sewing with my GREEN scraps.  They just happen to be of the blue-green variety!

SUNDAY - Here's a peek at my small finish:




You only get a preview because... Secret Sewing!!! 


MONDAY - After tackling Mt. Washmore and vacuuming the entire downstairs yesterday, I caught up with friends in BlogLand.

This evening, I released a new Mail Call Monday post.

TUESDAY - Tonight was the March Extra meeting of my evening quilt bee.  I did some pressing.  Well, a LOT of pressing!  These are (some of ) the Bonus HSTs from my Pecking Order quilt:



WEDNESDAY - This would normally be Girls Night Out, but we are expecting an out of town guest next Tuesday so the meeting date was changed.  Instead, I worked on THIS client quilt:



There is a small amount of GREEN in it, for those of you who are tracking my progress (or lack thereof) for the RSC.

THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Bee is just not in the cards these days.  It doesn't matter how much I plan and move activities around, I just cannot get there.  :o((

SURPRISE!!!  This week, luck was on my side.  It was SEW good to see my daytime quilting friends!!  And, I got a new scrap of fabric, too.  Thank you to Gayle, for this lovely and quite usable piece of Sea GREEN fabric:



FRIDAY - And SEW... another week comes to an end.

Today was Knit Group.  Does anyone see a problem with knitting the BODY of your sweater into the BORDER???  I tried it, just for kicks and grins.  It only took 6 stitches to realize my error:



This week's yummy GREEN treat:


Tonight is Friday Night Sew-In.  Yay!!  Think good thoughts and hope for NO RAIN.  I really don't like schlepping my machine in the rain.

I released a NEW Design Floor Friday post.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  Head over to see what wonderful GREEN sewing the RSC Quilters have been working on this week.  Race ya!!  I'm headed there NOW.  :o))

NOTICE!!!  I'm participating in the All About Strings Blog Hop hosted by Carla at Creatin' in the Sticks.  The Hop starts on MONDAY, March 25th and goes through THURSDAY, March 28th.  Look for my post on Thursday!!

Here is the schedule for the Hop with accompanying links...


Monday, March 25th










Karrin's Crazy World


Tuesday, March 26th









ShirleyC


Wednesday, March 27th









In case you haven't guessed, I just MIGHT be digging out some scraps for the project I'm making for the Hop!!  :P

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see your secret green sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the greens and light teals against brown in your secret sewing. I can hardly wait to see the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty piece of sea green fabric that your friend gave you! I think that is one of my favorite colors. I'm looking forward to the strings blog hop - it's always fun to see what people share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that cookie! Can't wait to see what this mystery project is. I let Carla know i had to drop out of the string blog hop....my mother in laws memorial is on monday and i am falling behind on all my quilty goals getting ready to host the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the reveal of the secret sewing! That little corner looks pretty enticing!
    I'm glad you spotted your knitting boo-boo before getting too much farther along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, love the blog, love the appropriate-color nail polish! And thanks for the links to the string blog hop. I love me some string quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a fabulous week. You’ve been busy. (Blogger won’t log me in, so I’m anonymous today instead of Katie Z.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The secret quilt peek is lovely, look forward to seeing it all! Thanks for the string blog links, I'm sure there will be lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love reading about your week! You have been busy as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.