Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sew Some Love Sunday - H2H Link Party!!!

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Today, I'm here to Link Up with Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  It's Hands2Help season and you may already know that I'm participating, again, this year.

In this year's program post, Sarah requested the following:


On Sunday, March 24th, there will be a linky party where you can post links to your favorite on-line tutorials!  It could be a tutorial for a quilt pattern, or a technique like machine binding, or even a recipe for your favorite "while-I'm-quilting" snack or crock-pot meal!  You don't have to write the tutorial, you can link up to another blogger's tutorial.  If you love it, someone else might too!

In case you missed the announcement, there are 5 charities from which to choose.  This allows for YOU to choose an organization that meets the parameters that you set for your participation.  Each one has their own desired size requirements.

Is there enough time in the day???

Since I needed something small, I will be making a quilt for Jack's Basket.  The requested size for this charity quilt is approximately 36 x 36".  Given my busy schedule, I thought this would be a manageable size for me to complete.

What shall I make??

I was inspired by the quilts that Nancy at Grace and Peace Quilting made last year.  (53 of them!!!)  She used 4 FQs and the Simple Gifts pattern from the mini book Fat Quarter LoveThe resulting quilt finishes at 30" x 36".  That's a fairly close match to the desired size.  Here is the final quilt of 2018 that Nancy made for Jack's Basket:



Photo courtesy of Nancy at Grace and Peace

Be sure to click the LINK to see all 53 quilts that Nancy donated.

Super quick.  Super cute!!

Alas, I just tested positive for Influenza Type A.

SEW... No sewing for me for a few days.  :o((

Until next time...
SEW Some Love!!!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and inspiration for the cute and quick little quilt. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm definitely glad you stayed home! Jack's Basket is a most worthy charity and I'm glad you are promotin it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be promoting such a worthwhile project. Lovely quilts being made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this great link. Looks like a quick and easy quilt. I hope to make one for Jack's Basket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon. Lots of rest and fluids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like such a fun, sweet size quilt to make. Feel better soon. The flu is never fun,.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, ick! I'm sorry you're sick! But I know you'll knuckle down and get your charity piece sewn in time. JB is such a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing about Jack's Basket, Joy! And sharing my 53rd quilt. I can clearly see my experimenting going on--I tried out three different pantos on it, just to give the new ones a try!?! I'm sorry to hear about the influenza. Type A is going around here, too. Lots of Vitamin C. EmergenC was recommended to me by the NP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! So sorry you've got the flu. Hope you feel better really soon. Love your plan for the donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little quilt. Ugh on the flu!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.