Saturday, March 2, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 9

Welcome to Week 9 of the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's transition week for the RSC.  We'll say goodbye to YELLOW and move on to the new color that Angela assigns near the end of the week.

I'm hoping to get a bit more YELLOW sewing done before that happens!  Will it happen?  Let's see...

SUNDAY - I ignored Mt. Washmore in order to catch up on my friends in BlogLand.

MONDAY - After dinner, I spent time working on a scrap quilt:



What's that?  You want to see MORE of it?!  Sorry, it's a bit of secret sewing.  I can't show more until it's done and dusted!

TUESDAY - Evening Quilt Group tonight.  I brought knitting...



... and came home with 8 YARDS of fabric from our guest and fellow Ravelry member:



Oops!!  Must remember not to give the camera to Kirsten!  I thought she might zoom in a bit (so as not to show off my stance.)

Here is a better look at the fabulously fun cotton gauze fabric that Alita shared with me:



WEDNESDAY - I'm suffering from weather whiplash.  The sun was out yesterday and we topped out at 65*.  Today, not so much!!  It was cold and gray all the live long day.  :o((

THURSDAY - And...  It was 65* again today, but will be cold again tomorrow.  How is a person supposed to know what to wear?

On this LAST day of YELLOW for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, the one remaining daffodil began to open between my morning walk and the post-lunch walk:



Remember when I said that I chose to ignore Mt. Washmore last weekend?  Well, it was threatening an avalanche!!  SEW... sewing took a backseat and I took care of a variety of other small tasks as the laundry churned.  Once the clothes were all clean, I churned out my first Tiny Nine block in ages:


FRIDAY - At this morning's Knit Group, I took a progress photo of the YELLOW shawl being made by a friend:



Oops!  It's turning a bit orange.  (Here's hoping THAT'S not the next color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!)

SATURDAY - For those who are following Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge over on her So Scrappy blog, you know that it's LINK PARTY day.

Since you haven't seen much YELLOW sewing here, head over to see what wrap-up posts may be available from the other RSC Quilters.  I'll catch up with you later (or tomorrow), as I'm on my way to March's Sew/Craft Friends-zy.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

10 comments:

  1. Never ignore Mt Washmore; it has a spiteful attitude ... at my house, anyway! So you are warned. Wonderful new fabric you got and it has the new color in it too. Enjoy it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors in your knitting! Always fun to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weather whiplash? Oh yeah, I agree with that description for this winter. We haven't seen the sixties, but the 50's were around for a day last week, now we've got windchills in the single digits. A good day for stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing more of that secret sewing that you gave us a peek of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels like -5 here this morning, and it was 60 on Wednesday or Thursday, so I hear you on whiplash. At least the blizzard conditions they predicted for us haven’t materialized.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun peeks from your week, looking forward to seeing more of your secret project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your knitting project is superb! You are very skilled at adding different textures and colors into your project. LOVE the gauge fabric you got--don't worry about that stance. Be thankful you can bend that way and hold that pose enough for a photo. Can't wait to see your secret project. My laundry is calling me today as well. Yuck. I rather catch up on blogs and sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been so busy and accomplished! Your knitting is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing that top secret quilt. Mt Washmore seems to be calling to me ... perhaps it is a trick ... an echo of laundry past ... lost socks seeking redemption ... maybe if I ignore it, it will go away and I can go back to sewing ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mt Washmore has developed foothills. ;) Weatherwise, we keep getting extreme cold alerts and snow - enough already. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.