Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sew Some Love Sunday - The Dreaded Partial Seams!!

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!  Today, I will demystify the conundrum of the dreaded partial seam.  I've only made a few patterns with partial seams over the years.  I typically face them with dread (as evidenced by the title of this post.)  If YOU also dread this construction technique, never fear!

Kat from Kat and Cat Quilts has created a handy-dandy photo tutorial to tame your fear for good!!  What?  You didn't REALLY think that I was capable of performing such a feat, did you?!  :P

Anyway... Spring is on it's way.  Here is picture proof:


The Spring Block Drive for Covered in Love will soon be underway.  If you choose to participate, YOU will be making the Hope of Hartford block:



Follow the tutorial link for instructions.  Bonus...  Kat has selected an array on nice Sping-y color for us to use in our blocks!

And the BEST part???

The best part is that Kat doesn't rush us!  We can mail blocks any time during March and April.  Easy-peasy!! I hope that you will consider giving this a try. 

Until next time...
Sew Some Love!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly where you live.......but, that is NOT the view I have today! MORE SNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that spring is arriving SOMEWHERE!
    Though I have to stop and wrap my head around the process again every time I come to partial seams in a project, at least I know I will eventually figure it out--unlike Y-seams, which have me running in the opposite direction!
    These are very pretty blocks. I love this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still in winter and it seems like snow is arriving daily...grrr! The last time I made a quilt with partial seams I stitched it up using my Singer 301. The slant needle really does help to give a good view of the stitching area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the second best part is that GREEN is one of the colors in Kat's block! Yay!! I still have yellow scraps out February, so it will be easy to clean up the studio by using those bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see why you needed the partial seam tutorial. I think I used the technique years ago, only once. It worked out okay but it seemed labor-intensive to me, having to come back to that first seam to finish it. It probably didn't help that I press my seams after each step. Your blocks are beautiful.
    How fun that you already have flowers in bloom and buds on trees. We just had snow again yesterday and today it's sunny but cold (feels like 7 degrees).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Kevin the Quilter on that picture. So, you better enjoy it for us who can't. :P
    I don't mind sewing partial seams. My fear rises with Y-seams. Yikes! I love the Hope of Hartford block. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.