Saturday, January 21, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 3

Welcome to Week 3 of the 2023 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I did a bit of Dark/Bright BLUE sewing for Angela's challenge.  Spoiler Alert:  It had NOTHING to do with that baggy of HSTs that I mentioned last week!!  I thought I might manage to arrange them into a quilt, but that hasn't happened, yet.

Let's take a look at the work I can share this week...

SUNDAY -  The week started with a Junk Journal January/Get Messy LIVE event on Zoom:


It was a wonderful event...


There were 109 Art/Junk journalers from all over the world working while the featured artist interviews took place.  104 worked while Rapid Fire questions were discussed. Near the end of the session, 17 journalers remained for "Artist Speed Dating".  Super fun! I chatted with Adriana from Romania, Jess from Canada, and Wendy from Ohio.  Our prompts were to share what we worked on today, do we work with themes, and what is our favorite ephemera, respectively.

Lunch followed and then I got involved in outlining some upcoming posts and COMPLETELY FORGOT about checking to see what the PQ14.2 prompt was!!  Here's the LINK so you can read the parameters for yourself.  I'm off to see what I can come up with.

MONDAY - Mini Monday

It's my day off, so I've got a FULL day planned!  It began with my weekly Zoom call to Knittingsuek... Well, after a morning of blog post writing and some lunch:


I sorted through some fabric while we talked, but you might have already heard about that by the time you read this recap.  (Thanks, again, for being flexible about this week's Zoom day, SZQ!)

TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday

Work and Wordle...


Along with Quordle:


Check back next Friday for January's ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge to see what I made with this Dark BLUE block:


Are YOU participating this year?  There's still time to make something for this month's challenge!

WEDNESDAY - It's another work day today.


The Quordle odds were NOT in my favor today:


I would normally have Zoomed with LeeAnna this afternoon, but I had a rather urgent errand to run.  Thanksfully, her schedule could accommodate this change.

Check back on Sunday to see how I used a scrap of this sweet floral with BLUE flowers:


THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Bee met, but I was scheduled to work.  :o((

I moved up my Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color when work was canceled at the last minute:


While waiting for the guys to get home from work, I used a tiny Dark BLUE scrap in a journal entry for Junk Journal January:


FRIDAY - Off work today, so headed to Knit Group LIVE for the second week in a row - which I later found out was a good thing, as my schedule is changing to 4 days per week:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  You go ahead.  I'll be along later.  I'm on my way out the door for an Art Day!!  :o))

If you happen to be reading this on Monday, follow THIS LINK for my entry in the Sew-It, Share-It BLUE Challenge.  Here's a preview of one of my projects:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had time to play with some blue scraps. Lots going on this week! Sounds like you are fully recovered and full steam ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll enjoy seeing your blog hop entry, and your Tablescraps, too! Have a fun Art Day, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week! Hope you have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one busy woman! If you ever want a new button, I'm happy to make another one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of coming and going but balanced with some art and quilting so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a busy bee! Have a fun Art-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too much fun, Joy!!! I'm looking forward to your table scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another busy, but fun week. Is 4 days an increase or decrease in your work schedule?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.