Saturday, January 7, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 1

Welcome to Week 1 of the 2023 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, our hostess Angela gave us January's Color of the Month...

Dark/Bright BLUE

Well, I've been sewing with my blue scraps for Carla's upcoming Shades of Blue Challenge ( Blog Hop ) and haven't stopped, yet!  Let's see if any more creeped into this week's work...


Happy New Year!!!  I started the New Year with my weekly Zoom call to Knittingsuek:


After our call, I had some lunch and went back up to the studio for some inspiration:


As part of the 2023 Declutter Challenge with Karen of Just Get It Done Quilts, I also did a little clean-up of the scraps from my December TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry:


Did a fun spread in my 5-Minute Art Challenge journal...


... And prepared the cover of my Junk Journal January magazine journal:


MONDAY
- Fall 2022 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The Results

Today, I did a whole lot of NOTHING, as last night I tested positive for what I'm guessing is a case of Rebound Covid.  It is a bit more bothersome than when I had Covid three weeks ago.  This time, I was stuck in bed watching videos and napping all day.  :o((

Amy Maricle from Mindful Art Studio has a new FREE workshop coming up.  Botanical Book Binding along with Ali Manning of Vintage Page Designs.  The photo below shows one of Amy's decorated pages:


TUESDAY
- It was another stay-in-bed kind of day.  I didn't mind being surrounded by some of my favorite quilts, but I did drag myself upstairs to the studio for my journals and a set of markers.  The spread you see below was added to my 5 Minute Art Challenge journal for the POSTAGE prompt:


WEDNESDAY - I was feeling a little better so I called to schedule...

A Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


As we chatted, I glued in the components for the journal spread shown here:

The prompt was RED.  The background image came from my 2022 studio calendar.

Once we finished our call, I got busy piecing a background for this week's Project QUILTING challenge:


After dinner, I joined a Zoom call.  Sending out a BIG thank you to Nann @ With Strings Attached who invited me to be her guest at the Northern Lake Counties Quilters Guild (Illinois) meeting for a (virtual) presentation by Elizabeth DeCroos of Epida Studio.  

Participants listened raptly...


 As Elizabeth spoke about her time in Korea...


And shared a myriad of pojagi.  I thought the rainbow window (and door) hangings below would be of particular interest to my RSC Quilter friends:


THURSDAY - I overdid it yesterday and spent today resting in bed and watching a few videos, including these Bonus Lessons from Get Messy Art:

Claudette Tags It...


And Char Tags It...


Both provide a sampling of the following class:



Knit group did a ZoomKNIT, but I wasn't up and functioning early enough to join them.  :o((

Eventually, I got out of bed, showered, dressed, and went up to the studio.  The first thing I did was create the following journal spread for the prompt ROUTINE:


While waiting for dinner to arrive, I quilted the background that I assembled earlier in the week:

BLUE binding.  Perhaps, not SEW dark or bright, but I didn't have the shade I wanted.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  The good news is that I tested NEGATIVE for Covid last night!  I may be able to resume regularly scheduled activities (such as work!) next week.

Check back tomorrow to see what I did for the PQ 14.1 Challenge.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you got hit with Covid for the second time in a month. Sounds like it took more out of you this time around. And yet, you got a lot more done this week than I did. But I did walk outside (dressed warmly) three times this week, so that's an accomplishment.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry you rebounded with Covid! Glad you are nearly done and I hope this gives you super duper double scooper immunity (whatever that means). It still looks like you got a few things done and that is amazing! Better week for you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are feeling better! You managed to be creative this week despite feeling off. Hope next week is a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no to the rebound Covid! I'm glad you were able to rest and relax and hooray for a negative test. Looking forward to seeing what you're making for the Blue blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you got Rebound Covid and especially since it hit you hard the 2nd time around. I know you worried about getting it but thankfully it was less than you originally expected. Good job on getting so much done in spite of feeling poorly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crud! I'm so sorry you were sick again. Glad you were able to "rest and recuperate" and also "play a bit". Hope you are better each day. Whatever they are calling it, Rebound Covid, Long Covid, or just the Curd, it's the "PITS".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.