Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 15 - Jane from Australia

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I got an email from Jane the other day.  In the midst of all that's going on here, I neglected to post it on time.  She wrote to share her June 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry.

Check it out...

Hi Joy,
You and your team are doing so very well with the quilts for Lutheran Relief. Well done.
My runner for June has a funny background. A while ago I was thinking of a runner with poppies for Remembrance Day. I started with some rather large poppies, maybe 6”, and lots of much smaller crumbs. 
As the pieces came together I felt the size of the poppies overwhelmed the size of the runner. 



But what about a quilt? Hmm?

Yes, I was off chasing a Bilby, which is our version of a squirrel in Australia.
The quilt top was duly finished, I loved it, and finally got around to quilting it. But still no runner.  I then used much smaller pieces of the poppy fabric as a second version and have now finally finished my June runner.


As all the fabrics are floral fragments I have named the quilt and the runner Potpourri.

Thanks Joy for once again posting my runner for me. Jane
(Sorry I don’t know how to include smaller pictures 🙄)

Thank you, Jane!!  When asked if she used a pattern for her runner, she explained the following:

No I didn’t use a pattern at all, but I do a l.o.t of crumb piecing and have become a bit of a dab hand at it. I just start joining the smallest pieces together, trim one side straight and add another piece. Sometimes I have a size idea and make blocks to that size.
Maybe I’ll find a pic or 2 of a couple of my crumb quilts for you.
Jane

Share the quilty love for Jane's project in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her super scrappy table runner as much as I did!  Thank you, again, Jane!

Link Party Reminder...

The June 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be open this weekend with extended hours!!  Friday, June 26th @ 12:01 AM - MONDAY, June 28th @ 11:59 PM.  I'm hoping that YOU will join us.

Until next time...
Run(ner) off those empty tables!!

6 comments:

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.