Friday, June 25, 2021

June 2021 - TABLE SCRAPS Runner/Topper Challenge/Link Party


Welcome to the June 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Runner/Topper Challenge!!  Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to enter your table runner/topper, mug rug, etc. in the Link Party by Monday, June 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM (EST.)

This month's inspiration photo:


No blog?  No problem, you will be able to have your scrappy table runners/toppers hosted here on The Joyful Quilter.  Just pop me an email with your name/state and a photo of your completed project and I will add it to a follow-up post.

From our participants...

I've been thinking of making the Leftovers pattern that Joanne @ Canuck Quilter offers in her shop.

Judy @ J.Biggs Scrap Pieces recently made a Supernova Table Topper using Sarah's tutorial HERE on Confessions of a Fabric Addict:



If you've got a really small table (or if you just want to make a coaster) check out the tiny Supernova mini I made in THIS POST.


Got favorites???

Email me , if you have a "go to" runner or topper pattern.  I'll add it to a future post.  Thanks!

Where's the table covering, Joyful???

I almost missed today's deadline.  Since it was PURPLE month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I pulled out this Quilted Scrap Basket:


You can find the tutorial HERE.

SEW...

What happened next was I grabbed an off-cut from one of my current projects, thinking that might be a good start:


I had a plan, but by the time I got around to sewing, I had forgotten what the design was supposed to be!  Here's what I ended up with:


Next, I cut a scrap strip in three pieces.  I stitched two of them together to make the back of my little mat and put the other piece back in the scrap basket:


The small table runner was then layered with a piece of scrap batting:


It was quilted up with straight and wavy lines:



Here is my (incomplete) June 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge...





Life got in the way this month.  I've got the binding ready to go on, but that won't happen before this post goes live!  I'll try to do better in July and will add the completed photo here as soon as I apply the bind that came straight out of the scrap binding drawer.

Linking up with Alycia
for
Finished (Or NOT) Friday

and

Sharing with Cynthia
for

And, with that...


It's time to add your own projects to the Table Scraps Link Party below!!  Here's hoping that YOU had better luck on finishing up your runner/topper/placemat, etc.



Until next time...
It's a Cover Up!!!


10 comments:

  1. Your little scrappy mat is off to a good start, Joy! Thanks so much for hosting this fun challenge this year - I'm enjoying making a series out of my scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said in my post, I’m loving this challenge! We are using up scraps and that was the idea! I love your quirky little topper! I’m sure you’ll find the perfect place for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a cute little mat! Life does get in the way of our sewing life doesn't it? Judy's Super Nova table topper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your little runner! The final weekend of the month seems to have sneaked up on me. I just started thinking about making something yesterday with some of the bonus HSTs from the most recent top. Better get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy, I'm so comforted to know that I wasn't the only one who couldn't finish what I intended to do for the challenge this month. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did... of course, I thought the heads of the pins were part of the design. OOPS. But they did look great -- gave a confetti look to the mat. We all have our moments of not quite finishing on time -- don't worry. We'll look for the finish later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little mat, Joy, and you're nearly there. I find this SEW much fun, just sorting through the fabrics and joining pieces randomly to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice catch up on the purple--you will have it done soon enough! My son and family left today so I can now get back to my usual crafting endeavors again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like that runner!!! It will be so cool! The colors are realy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for you squeaking in with that runner, in purple no less!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.