Saturday, June 26, 2021

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC21 - Week 26

Welcome to Week 26 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week life has gotten in the way of (the majority of) my PURPLE sewing.



I quilted this afternoon and evening.  The end is near:



TUESDAY - It's Tidy Up Tuesday and I'm happy to say that I did do a few quilty tasks.  My part of the Quilting Swap is done and delivered!!!  Now, I can finally start on the binding of my Birthday Quilt (without guilt of knowing that I had an unfair advantage.)  Yay!!  A completed quilt is soon to be revealed - once it's finished, of course.  :o))

While I was out, I also did a quilt pick-up.  I'll be quilting 3 small quilts for a new friend.  (Thanks, Ann Z. and thanks to SZQ, too!!!)

WEDNESDAY - Make sure you don't miss this week's edition of Wonderful Wednesday.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  YOU might be surprised, too.

Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:



ZoomBEE



Then...

Knittingsuek stopped by to drop off the first two blocks for the Positivity QAL group quilt we are making with members of the Quilters Knitting group on Ravelry and other quilting friends:


I was rewarded with this surprised and happy smile when I handed over one of my favorite convertible tote bag/backpack/purse.  She remarked on it the last time she was here, loved it, and I felt that she needed a little pick-me-up this week:




Now...

I'm ready for today's brave adventure - dressed in PURPLE for my friends at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



What are you talking about, Joyful???

Goodbye, messy bun:


Welcome back, summer short cut:


I don't miss the weight of this mess of COVID hair being attached to my scalp:




ZoomKNIT


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Don't miss another edition of The Guest Blogger(s) HERE on the blog.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

15 comments:

  1. Very chic new haircut, Joyful! And some of us wish we could grow hair like that too. Meanwhile, love to read these roundups and to see our friend, LeeAnna too. Your energy and enthusiasm is admirable; enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new haircut and fun purple shoes, Joy! You're ready to go, go, go! :) I love the Positivity blocks in purple and white, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Positivity Quilt is a community endeavor!!! I have goosebumps. Oh Joy, I love your new haircut - supercut, nay supercute :-D Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new cut! I am attempting to grow mine out.... and it is driving me nuts. Love Sue's blocks in purple. Have a great weekend.. must go machine quilt my runner....good thing I have another day to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute new haircut! Mine is super short right now as I'm trying to grow out my natural color (white) after dying it for 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo I got my placemat finished in time for the link up this month! Love your haircut! We are still waiting for hair salons to open here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! Love the purple sneaks!! Haircut looks great - now you're ready for summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sister of the Purple Sneaks!!! (Mine are hi-tops!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair! It looks great on you! (Mine is cut the same way). Love the purple sneakers. Gonna have to find me some wild kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I buy purple sneakers in a minute if I found some in my size. And it's unanimous, your haircut looks great. I got my summer cut about like yours, 3 weeks ago.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yours is my dream haircut! I tried! And tried! Finally gave up! Love your purple shoes! And the positivity blocks. I was so intent on getting some positivity blocks complete, I missed some posts! I’m going back to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a birthday quilt!

    I love your haircut. My hair is waist length, but when I cut it short, it turns into a lion's mane, so I keep it long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks great! Wow, it was really grown out, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.