Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Mail Call Monday - Oops! It'sTuesday - Oh, Gifty Day!

Welcome the late edition of Mail Call Monday!!  Yes. I do realize that it's no longer Monday.  I was busy quilting and completely forgot that I had a post to finish.

What was in the mail last week, Joyful???

First...

A gift to myself:


A gorgeous new book... Scrap School:


Next...

My H2H gift arrived from Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict:


I received two magazines from Missouri Star Quilt Company:


Thank you to Sarah and her wonderful sponsors!!


And, last, but not least...


A rather large box from Mari @ The Academic Quilter:


Hmm... What's under this wooden lid???


This beautiful card...


With this hand written note:


Look at the sweet little Longaberger baskets:


She even included some fun PURPLE fabrics in honor of this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


The main item in the box was this lovely Longaberger Envelope basket:


Thanks SEW much for thinking of me, Mari!  I'm glad you remember that I was a Longaberger collector.  My collection didn't include these three baskets, but now it does.  :o))

Until next time...
Hooray for happy mail!!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift from Mari! I collected Longaberger back in the 1990s and always wanted more. I still have the ones I collected, and they still look good! That Scrap School book looks really interesting. I've put it on my wish list - let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of happy mail. And a win-win on the basket gift as Mari gets to declutter and the baskets go to someone who truly appreciates them. And who can say no to some purple fabric to sweeten the pot.
    Pat

    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun mail arriving at your house! I have a few Longaberger baskets... when I lived up north a neighbor was really into that and Vera Bradley..... I loved her 'sales' so she could clear out a bit and buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Longaberger baskets! What a treasure! Great gists from H2H also! And who wouldn’t love a new book full of wonderful scrappiness! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely did get some fun mail, Joy! I've seen that book, Scrap School, on Jo's Country Junction and it looks like a good one. Purple scraps and a Longaberger basket make a great mail surprise, too. I didn't know you collected Longaberger baskets. I have a couple, thanks to a very generous 5th grade parent one year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fun mail, all I've had so far this week are bills! The baskets are lovely and the book looks really interesting and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely late Monday post! I love the baskets-I have one-almost an antique now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! So many lovely quilt books! Lucky girl. No I shouldn't say lucky, I should say; you, hard working girl, you deserve them all. I'm happy to see Sarah's gift to her hard working H2H quilters. It's awesome! Enjoy all the goodies. And the cherry on top: Longaberger baskets! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love happy mail? Sounds like you had a really great time on Monday. Sarah is always so generous, and all of your new reading material looks like fun. That big basket would hold a lot of snacks next to your chair while you go through all that reading. Just saying! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.