Monday, August 19, 2019

Mail Call Monday - Anchor Swap Edition

Welcome to another edition of Mail day Call Monday!!  Not long ago, I posted THIS Mail Call Monday Edition featuring a darling little deconstructed shirt.

Here's the fabric from the shirt:



I like to reciprocate when someone mails me something out of the goodness of their heart.  That is how the following mug rug came to be.

It's started with color selection...



Found a long lost item, which you can read about HERE:



It went through several iterations at my Bee's Sew Day...

Random:



All lined up in rows:


Before landing on this design:


And ended with this "wonky" Pecking Order-inspired mug rug:



I hope Cherie likes it!!  I sent it off on Monday last week.  Cherie should have gotten it on Thursday or Friday, but I haven't heard back.  I'll update this post when I do.

UPDATE...

Here's what Cherie had to say:


Hi Joy.....thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!!   We were gone on a little summer get-a-way and when we picked up our mail from the  neighbors, the squishy from you had arrived.  I absolutely love it and the colors are PERFECT!  You nailed it :)

Thank you so much 😊

Cherie

My response:

I wonder if you might be away. That's for letting me know that it arrived safely. SEW glad you like it!!
Joy

(Hopefully, she can read auto correct gibberish... Or at least, figure out what it was SUPPOSED to have said.  Ugh!!!)

Until next time...
Experiment with SCRAPS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Wow! Well, if she doesn't like it she's pecking choosy because it is so cute! Love the colors too. Great job, Joyful! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.