Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tidy Up Tuesday - Tale of the Missing Rotary Cutter

Welcome to the next edition of Tidy Up Tuesday!!  The mystery of the missing rotary cutter has been solved.  At long last!  I believe that the story MUST be told!  (YOU might be able to relate.)

How many months has it been missing, Joyful?

Honestly, I can't recall.  I know that I've been lamenting about it for the last several months (MINIMUM!)  It will take further investigation to discover just when it went missing.  There's no time for that!  For now, you get the story of how it was found.

Which do YOU want to hear???  The LONG or SHORT story??

Here's the abbreviated version...

It started with a phone call from DS1 and ended with me yelling OMG!  OMG! in his ear.  :P

This is the extended version...

While gathering fabrics for a new small project, my phone rang.  It was DS1 answering my request for a call.  Yay!  As we chatted, I continued to look through my scrap baskets to find just the right squares to incorporate into a special little project.

As the conversation went on, I ran out of options in my color bins.  Hmm...  What to do?  What to do?

The answer was, pull from the off-cut barrel, of course:



SEW...

I took a few pieces off the top.  I dug around a little and found a few more scraps in the colors that I was looking for.  At that point, I decided to REALLY churn up those small squares, triangles, and other shapes.

But, WAIT!!!

What is THAT bright yellow bit???  It doesn't exactly look like fabric, does it???  Hmm...  That looks vaguely familiar:


Picture my surprise upon scooping out my (favorite) longsincegone 60mm Olfa Rotary Cutter:


WARNING!!!  You may want to plug your ears.  Otherwise, it's quite likely that you can randomly STILL hear me exclaiming, "OMG!!!  My giant rotary cutter!!  It's been here all along!!"

Until next time...
Life is SEW good!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yay!! I had a similar experience yesterday -- found THREE rotary cutters in a project box, only to discover they ALL had wavy or pinking blades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I need to find a missing herra marker. Sigh... guess I need to go tidy up a bit. Have to anyway... planning to paint soon then pull up carpets and put new flooring in.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny!
    I lost my favorite and only pair of earrings one spring. They're the only ones that don't hurt my ears. I looked and looked, and knew I'd not taken them off out of the house.
    When fall rolled around and I was packing up my summer clothes, guess what I found? Yep, they'd fallen into one of the tubs somehow - I must have laid them on the bed and didn't see them so they got tangled in some clothes.
    Anyway, I was very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate loosing things in my sewing room, but it's all too common. Glad you find your rotary cutter. Thank you for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it just wanted to snuggle up and play in the scraps! I'm so glad you found it there. It could have decided to jump into a garbage can instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story. It makes me just grin because I can imagine myself doing the very same thing. And yes, I heard you all the way in Idaho. Hee, hee! Congrats on finding your beloved cutter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.