Saturday, June 8, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 23

Welcome to Week 23 of the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This past Saturday brought a new month.  Along with a new month comes a new color focus for our scrappy making.  In case you missed last week's post, here is the Color of the Month for June:



I wasn't sure how my week would go, but here it is in living color...

SUNDAY - I thought I would report on my whirlwind tour of Raleigh quilt shops from yesterday.  It started out as a REALLY quick trip!  I spent less than 15 minutes in Wish Upon a Quilt and Thread Waggle Quilting.

I had specific items on my list for each stop: A selection of white on black FQs (for Pecking Order expansion) from Wish and bobbins for The Beast from Thread Waggle were all that I needed.

At Cary Quilting Company, time stood still.

Let me 'splain...

First, I ran into a friend and chatted for a while.  Next, I scoured the store to see if anything "jumped out at me."  Then, I searched the wide back fabrics for a backing for my "Colorful Quilt" (otherwise known as Pecking Order.)  The options were narrowed to the following FOUR fabrics:



I couldn't decide which I liked best, so opted to "phone a friend."  In this case, that meant sending a text to my Design Assistant (otherwise known as DS1.)  Unfortunately, he was busy touring apartments and doing his grocery shopping for the coming week.  (OK!  That meant he ignored my text.)

What's a Mom to do in a quilting emergency???

I dropped a text to DS1's Art Major apartment mate.  (And got a reply within ONE minute!)  He liked them ALL!!!

His favorite???  The cats:




I do like a fun back, so the cats came home with me.  :o))

MONDAY - I was NOT feeling the domestic love tonight and decided that we needed dinner out!  Mind you, we eat (pizza) out almost every Friday night.  But still...

TUESDAY - After Girls Night Out, I put a couple of hours in on the donation quilt on the frame.

WEDNESDAY - Before dinner, I finished the quilting on the BQG2 Donation quilt for the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project:



I used a free motion loop/double loop pattern that worked well on the front AND the back of the quilt:


Now...  I just need to figure out what to use for the binding, as the front and the back are quite different from one another.

THURSDAY - This morning, I attended my Weekly Quilt Group and picked up BQG1 Donation quilt from Margaret with binding applied and sewn down:



I used a free motion swirl/hook pattern on this quilt:



This afternoon...


NAILS!!!  In a lovely shade of dark BLUE:



This evening, I chose thread, wound bobbins, and loaded the back for BQG3 Donation quilt:



FRIDAY - The top was loaded and quilting was begun:




Can I just say... I absolutely LOVE this quilt!!!
I'm a BIG fan of autumn colors.

SATURDAY - I'm ready to walk out the door.  This quilt train is headed to Raleigh for June's Sew/Craft Friends-zy event.  I'm all packed up and just need to load the car:



While I'm busy with that, be sure to visit the RSC Quilters who joined in Angela's LINK PARTY over on her So Scrappy blog.  You are sure to see a variety of beautiful project in dark BLUE.
Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

5 comments:

  1. Busy week! I thought it was funny that the roommate responded faster than your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds it's DS1s roommate that you should always consult on design decision, lol! Looks like your longarming is keeping you busy, and love the June nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really get a lot done in a week! I agree with your son's roommate, the cats are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you chose the cats! Too funny that your son's roomie helped you pick them. Love that hook swirl quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the cat choice as well. Enjoy the sew/craft event.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.