Monday, June 24, 2019

Mail Call Monday - Anchors Away

Welcome to a new edition of Mail Call Monday!!  I received a package in the mail today.  I've been expecting it (even though, originally, it was quite a surprise.)

Here's how the story goes...

I recently commented on Cherie's blog at Quilted Jonquil.  She found a delightful anchor print and it just so happens that I absolutely LOVE anchors!  You can see it on the bottom right of the photo she shared in that post:



Cherie had been on a shirt shopping spree at her local Goodwill.  The photo above was of the deconstructed shirts.

This is the comment I left:



OMG!!! Those tiny anchors!!!!! If you decide not to use that and want to get rid of it, please let me know.


To which she responded:

Hi!  If you'll use the tiny anchors, I'm more than happy to send them to you :)  I almost never have a plan for any of the shirts I acquire.  They get added to my stash and pulled to use at some point because they are the right color for what I'm working on.

Shoot me your snail mail address and I'll send you a squishy.

Cherie

Fast forward a week and this package arrived...



... With a sweet little bundle and a lovely handwritten note encased in a small plastic zipper baggie:


Of course, the little bundle was this darling (deconstructed) shirt:


More to come...

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you KNOW that I can't have someone send me a squishy and not reciprocate, don't you?!?!

SEW...

You'll hear more about this, since I asked Cherie what her favorite color was and told her that I would love to send her one of my quilted mug rugs or thread catchers.  She didn't specify which she would prefer.  Hmm... What shall I make???

I'll give you a hint!!

Her favorite color is lime green and she currently likes orange.  And purple.  I've done a fabric pull:



Hopefully, I'm on the right track!!

Until next time...
Be SEW careful what you wish for!!!
You just might get it.  :o))

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those tiny anchors are darling! And gray is such a versatile neutral, I know you'll find just the right way to use them. I tend to collect boaty fabrics, too. No big surprise, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun squishy to get in the mail. Love the bright colors you've got pulled for Cheryl's gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gray anchor fabric is a quilty treasure. Pretty fabrics for your return squishy. Either idea is a good gift. Looking forward to seeing what you sew ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.