Saturday, June 15, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 24

Welcome to Week 24 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!!  This week, I thought I might sew the rows of my Pecking Order quilt together and use up some of my dark BLUE scraps.

Here's what happened instead...

SUNDAY - I thought you might like to see the scraps that I have for this month's project, SEW...

I dug them out of their hiding spot and took a picture for you:



What will I be making???  A new Large Quilted Basket, of course!!  All of those scraps need to be contained.

MONDAY - I did some additional quilting on BQG3 Donation quilt... AFTER making the necessary repairs from Friday night's mess that I made.  It's not wise to start ANOTHER row when you run out of bobbin on the row you are quilting.  It's also NOT a good idea to position your hands where your thumb can accidentally hit the STOP button on your longarm quilting machine WHILE you are trying to quilt!!  :o((

TUESDAY - Did YOU see today's Tidy Up Tuesday post??  I've been waiting for MONTHS to share the news!  Waiting.  And waiting (and WAITING!!)  DH moves at his own pace.  Sigh...

Evening Quilt Bee was tonight.  I brought BQG2 for trimming:



My machine was in the car, so I made the binding for second of three quilts that I'm quilting for the Brunswick Quilter Guild to contribute to the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project:




The blinds don't work on the window behind me, so you'll have to ignore the squinting photo of me and focus on the big old pile of binding.  Thanks, Britt, for the fabric donation!  It's going to be the PERFECT finishing touch for this quilt.


With time remaining, I decided apply the binding to the back of the quilt in preparation for machine sewing it down on the front:






Now, all that remains is attaching the ends and sewing it down on the front of the quilt.  Maybe BEFORE the NEXT meeting!!  :o))

WEDNESDAY - Today, I went to Knit Group first thing and found something wonderful in dark BLUE:


There is a new cozy nook at the coffee shop, too:



I also released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  You DID want to see what went on at this month's Sew/Craft Friends-zy, didn't you???

I had a New Patient visit at the doctor's office in the mid-afternoon.  The appointment included a shingles vaccine.  By bedtime, I was a total mess!  Aches, chills, and the whole nine yards.  Lucky me!

THURSDAY - Three Advil did the trick for overnight, but this morning, I felt more ill than last night!  I tried to go about my business.  I really thought I'd be fine.  After lunch, I caved and went back to bed... for a THREE HOUR nap!!

I really thought I would have a this week's Tiny Tuesday block to share, but OBVIOUSLY that didn't happen.  :o((

FRIDAY - The afternoon was spent working on BQG3.  I showed a photo of the beginning of the quilting in last week's POST.  (Scroll down to Friday's entry for the best view.)  Here's a better look at the freehand motif I'm using.  The only difference is that I'm now approaching the bottom of the quilt:


Out of town guests this evening.  Still not at my best, so bringing in Mr. Clean would have been a delightful option.  Too bad that didn't happen!!  The guests will just have to be horrified by our creative clutter.  :P

Who's there, Joyful???

My friend, Knittingsuek, and her DH are in town for the weekend.  We all went to dinner with Needleb.  :o))

Unfortunately...


I FORGOT TO GET A PICTURE!!!  :o((

It was a wonderful evening (even if I wasn't in tip top shape!)

SATURDAY - It's LINK  PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  You are sure to find more (SOME) projects in dark BLUE over there!  I'll be along shortly.  Or tomorrow.  :o))

Since I got up at oh-dark-thirty this morning, I looked at my dark BLUE scraps with fresh eyes.  I was able to choose bits for Cynthia's Tiny Tuesday block and will see if I can get it cut and sewn later today.  For now, here are the scraps I've chosen:



Right now, I have to do some grocery shopping and prepare to cook dinner for our guests.  Some deep breathing and some yoga may be in order, as I haven't cooked for guests in quite some time!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh no on the getting sick after the shingles shot! That doesn't sound like fun at all... I had to go over and check out your Tidy Tuesday post, and I love that wire to hang your quilts up on! I may have to check that out for myself. Looks like it will make changing what's up there really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction from your shingles vaccine. Sounds rough. You always manage to get so much done just the same. Love your gallery wire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg to the reaction...they might need to refine that. My friend had to go to the hospital in shock from hers. Love your blue nail polish and the pic of you at the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you got sick after being vaccinated. You've done a lot, still, busy lady. I am impressed!
    Wow! What a great bunch of blue scraps! You will not be unemployed! I see the blue nail polish is in place, so just get started with all your blue scraps. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that vaccine got you down! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no on the vaccine reaction... still better than getting shingles... My Mom got it right when Em was born and still has effects on her face from the shingles. Good start on the blue..... I'd order takeout =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always so much fun to read about your week. Love the blue scraps, especially those cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I didn't know the shingles shot could make you sick -- I did hear that your arm is quite painful afterwards though. Hmmmm. Love all your blue fabrics, great selection. Hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of blue scraps! Sorry to hear about the vaccine reaction. All vaccines bother me, especially at the injection site. And for a long, long time. Weeks. I think I'm going to start refusing to do any more of them. I always sew my binging on the back of my quilts and then machine sew the binding to the front with the sewing machine. Love your sewing area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a blue week ;-) Love your pile of scraps! And WOW on the bindings - good for you. Hope you are feeling a Lot better today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual, your energy and enthusiasm, even while under the weather, blow me away. I wish I could get as much done as you! Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.