Saturday, June 1, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 22

Welcome to Week 22 of the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Good news on the quilting front.  Not SEW much with the scrappy sewing.  Oh, well!  Just another example of life getting in the way of our grand plans.

Here's how my week looked...

SUNDAY - Normally the day that I tackle Mt. Washmore, but for some reason (DS1's visit, perhaps?) I finished the laundry yesterday.

MONDAY - Memorial Day Holiday!  Were YOU off work???  All around town, there are signs of summer.  Including these lovely ORANGE day lilies:



TUESDAY - Evening Quilt Bee met tonight.  I pawned off got a volunteer for finishing the BQG1 donation quilt.  I still have two more to quilt, so asked if Margaret would bind this one for me.  She accepted.  (Thank you!!!)

WEDNESDAY - I worked on finishing the I-cord bind off for my Hoodie Shawl Cardigan.  Only the left front remains!

THURSDAY - I managed to swing by my Weekly Quilt Group for a little while this morning.  Boy, am I glad I did!!  Look what my friend Dee Dee brought for me:




You are right... It's not ORANGE!!  I will forgive her.  :P

Seriously?  Sewing machines!  What's NOT to love?

Thank you for thinking of me, Dee Dee!!!

FRIDAY - A little knitting this morning...


... Led to a bit more knitting this afternoon...


... And that led to some really good news.  I finished my Hoodie Shawl Cardigan!!!  Here's the picture proof:




Our town has a monthly event called Last Friday (which was scheduled for tonight.)  DH volunteered to help with the Robotics Team booth, but the weather had other ideas.  When the rain wad but a threat, preparations were being made.  Bright ORANGE barriers were at the ready, to direct car traffic off the side streets:




SATURDAY - How can it be LINK PARTY day, again?!  I enjoyed ORANGE month, but head over to see if anyone got a head start on...

The COLOR OF THE MONTH for June:




Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

10 comments:

  1. That sewing machine fabric is so fun - your friend is a smart woman! Your Hoodie Shawl Cardigan looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm amazed at your talent in knitting. I had yarn and a patten to make a little sweater for Emily....when she was 2 or 3...... never happened! Sew excited for blue month.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cardigan! I’m looking forward to lots of blue sewing this month. -katie z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the hoodie shawl! It looks great! You are inspiring me to get out the needles again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your Hoodie Shawl Cardigan! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Congrats on this fabulous finish. Dee Dee has great taste in fabric. Lucky girl! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I am impressed with that sweater - great accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  7. It rained a lot here on Memorial Day. We usually go to the ceremony but were moving my mom to transitional care, so missed it. We heard they held the ceremony in pouring rain. My dad's name was read for the first time. Love your hoodie, Joy!!! Great job! And that sewing machine fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cardi is gorgeous! Love that ruffly front :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh for a lovely cardigan you've knitted! I wonder if you have a few more hours a day than others? LOL! And fun to see everything you notice in the month's color. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea for a cardigan finish! It looks so cozy. These RSC months zoom by, don’t they? Especially when there’s almost a whole week left after the last Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.