Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Wonderful Wednesday - Sewing Expo Style

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week's post will give you a glimpse into the Sewing Expo in Raleigh.  I posted a few pictures last week, but I'll share those and a few more in this overview.

If you recall, I won tickets...



... And took my friend Carol:



I met up with a few of my Raleigh quilting friends...



What you didn't see was that I did a fair amount of shopping...

Amazingly enough, all of my purchases fit into this lovely bag:




NO!!!  I did NOT buy a Gammill longarm quilting machine!!!

The lovely salesman was handing them out to the first 50 or so attendees.  This is probably the ONLY Gammill I will ever own.  :o))

You didn't see the loot!!!  :o))

Here is an overview of what I got:




Oh!  What's that???  You'd like a better look?  LOL!!


I bought my VERY FIRST quilt kit, which includes this Dresden Neighborhood quilt pattern...



... And these pre-cut brights:



I know that I totally COULD have found scraps in my stash, but it was the FIRST BOOTH and my money was burning a hole in my pocket!!!  The fabrics were SEW cute and the fabric pheromones were doing a number on me.  How could I resist?!?!

The mister is my friend Lisa's fault, since she bought one last year:



I had a coupon for a FREE gift (with the purchase of a yard of fabric) so I bought a piece of white on black fabric to add to my stash after my Pecking Order quilt:



Here is the FREE book that I chose:



The Batik booth was a group favorite and I succumbed to an Infinity Scarf kit:



Next, ANOTHER mister... because QUILT on it:



In the tool and gadget booth, I bought a new seam ripper:



I passed on some fabric and all things Missouri Star.  By the time we had made it through all of the interesting booths, it was time for a lunch break.  Whew!!

But first, at the jumbled booth at the back...

I almost bought a Wool Pressing Mat, but (then came to my senses and) settled on a single piece of black on white fabric to add to my collection for the NEXT Pecking Order quilt:



After lunch, it was back to MSQC for these:



They through in the pattern for FREE:



On the way to have another look in one of the booths, I found the ruler that I had planned to buy:



One last stop before we took a tour of the quilts was for a fabric collection at My Sewing Shoppe:




Oh, WAIT!!!

You want to see the quilts, too???

I'm SEW sorry!!  You will have to come back next week to see the Expo quilts.  I'm working on a deadline and need to get back up to the studio to finish a special quilt that I'm working on.

All in all, it was a very good day!  Carol enjoyed herself.  We enjoyed each other's company and the show itself.  I have to say, though, I was extremely happy to get home and relax for a while before heading to dinner with my family.

Funny side note:  The parking deck that we chose is the very same one that DS1 parks in every day for work, as his office is right near the Raleigh Convention Center.  If he wasn't already spending this week at home (long story!), I would have hunted him down to have lunch with us or gone for a quick tour of his office.

Until next time...
Quilt. SHOP. Repeat!!!

5 comments:

  1. Fun! Fun! Fun! Go out and buy one of those wool pressing mats! It will change your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a very fun time and got lots of fun goodies. Have you had a chance to put any of them to use yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loot acquisition! Those big shows are tiring, but rewarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun acquisitions!!! You lucky duck :-)
    I am sure I will visit again next week and I am sure it will be worth it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. visit this website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.