Saturday, August 10, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 32

Welcome to Week 32 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This was our first full week sewing with Light/Bright BLUE scraps.  I had a stay-cation planned this week that included a bit of scrap sewing.  Is that what happened?  Hmm...

Let's have a look at what REALLY went on...

SUNDAY - Yesterday's (SURPRISE) Retirement Party was lovely (in spite of the heat of an OUTDOOR event in August in the South!)  Best of all, it really WAS a surprise.  Carol had not ONE clue:



Here are several of my quilting friends with the retiree:


Since Helena lives near the venue, I decided to head toward her house when I left the La Residence in Chapel Hill.  Turns out that she was walking to the party.  Here we are chatting in my car on the way back to drop her off:


Today's visit with DH's sister and BIL was lovely.  Even the dinner I cooked was lovely (and actually stress-free!)  SIL brought this sweet little hostess gift for me from my alma mater:



I showed off my latest quilt and gave them a studio tour.  BIL even had a go at the longarm quilting machine.  Too bad that I had put my phone away, as I didn't get a photo!  :o((

I was able to get this after-the-fact photo of the area he quilted in violet thread, though:



Way to go, D!!!

MONDAY - Johnna @ Yellow Bird Stitches gave me a good laugh this morning when I linked to her post from Cynthia's Oh Scrap LINK PARTY from yesterday.  I got to the part where...

After that, I was on my way to Knit Group.

Then...

Nails!!!  :o))

Light or bright BLUE???  That is the question and these are the shades that I chose to select from:



In the end, I went with shades of Tiffany (robin's egg) BLUE:


TUESDAY - Loading the next UFO....

(My first Minky) Backing:



... And...

I layered on that batting, followed by the quilt top:



Let the quilting begin...



Oh, no!  I was in the zone when a thunderstorm popped up and I was forced to turn off the machine.  :o((

I don't believe the gutters are supposed to look like this:



Can you say flash flooding???  Here's hoping the storm passes quickly...  I've got MORE quilting to do!!!

Even with the (unscheduled) intermission, I finished the quilting...



... And some Secret Sewing, too:



WEDNESDAY - Lunch with friends at Alpaca Chicken...



... And a visit to Warm and Fuzzy:



Then, it was design time with a fail:



THURSDAY - Even though I was up half the night suffering from gastritis, I dragged myself to my Weekly Quilt group meeting.  My "quilting mamas" were ALL ABOUT me calling the doctor!

I think this counts for my compliance:



I decided to just stop by the doctor's office to see if they could fit me in (which, as you can see, they did.)

FRIDAY - Knit Group this morning was canceled, so I spent time in the studio and with the quilting complete, I took the quilt to meet my rotary cutter.  Just a little off the top!  All squared up:



Since I haven't posted my Light/Bright BLUE scraps, yet... Here is what I have to work with this month:




SATURDAY - LINK PARTY day over at Angela's So Scrappy blog.  I'm off to my Monthly Quilt Bee meeting in the mid-morning.  You go on ahead and tell the RSC Quilters that I'll catch up with them later...  Well, after Angela post the link-up!  (I released my post a LITTLE early.)

While YOU check out the other Light/Bright BLUE projects, I'll be sewing some of my scraps that I kitted up.  These are going to make a lovely Scrappy Susannah block for the Guild BOM:



Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

9 comments:

  1. Another busy week. Hope you enjoyed your staycation this week. I'd like one of those, maybe later this year when I have to use vacation or loose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiffany blue nails are lovely. I see you have a lot of blue scraps to use. Happy sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week! You manage to fit so much into one week! You amaze me (again!): not only do you have BLUE nail varnish, you even have a handful to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of quilting fun in your week. Hope the doc was able to help quickly. Gastritis is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh-- water and flooding is the worst! Hope everything turned out okay in spite of the overflowing gutters, and that your tummy is back to normal. Love the Tiffany nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling yourself again. Have a great weekend. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a full week! Love how you match your mani/pedi to the RSC! Cracks me up every month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got the t-shirt complete this week. LOVE the nail color you chose. Ugh to the doctor visit -- GASP! (My pun for today.) Hope you got that cleared up. Have fun sewing those scrappy blues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better and enjoying some sewing today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.