Saturday, August 17, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 33

Welcome to Week 33 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's hard to believe that it's August already.  The summer is quickly coming to a close.  (In the northern hemisphere, as one reader was quick to point out.)  Our assignment from Angela is to sew with Light/Bright BLUE scraps this month.

Here's how my week went...

SUNDAY - I spent the morning catching up on what the other RSC participants were up to last week.  A meeting kept me from following all the links yesterday.

Speaking of my Bee Meeting...

Yesterday, I added made a length of Light BLUE binding from scraps given to me by a friend some time ago.  Thank you, Dee Dee, I have enjoyed using bits and pieces from the baggie of scraps from your stash!  The binding was sewn onto my current Guild Donation Quilt at my Bee Sew Day yesterday:



I finally got around to releasing last week's Design Floor Friday post.  It's title was transformed due to the delay.

MONDAYI've been a good little RSC Quilter today.  I got out the baggie of Light/Bright BLUE fabric scraps that I kitted up last week and sewed them into one Scrappy Susannah block for the Guild BOM:



I also cut scraps for Libby's Simple Tiny Tuesday block:




TUESDAY - Tonight was the night for my Evening Bee.  I shared this recent Donation Quilt finish...



... Trimmed up some scraps for use in September's Guild Block of the Month program...



... And spotted some Light/Bright BLUE to share with the RSC Quilters for August's Color of the Month:



Thanks to Kate @ Life in Pieces, when I got home, I sorted half a bag of scraps:

Some of them even went in the giveaway bag!  :o))

WEDNESDAY - For those of you who have been waiting for it, I released the promised Expo Quilt edition of Wonderful Wednesday today.

Here's what else happened...

Knit Group was not very productive, as coffee ended up being followed by shopping and a trip to the nail salon:



My friend needed a manicure and my toe nails wanted a color change.  I found a closer shade of Tiffany BLUE to coordinate with the fingernails.  My heels wanted a pedicure and the new guy at Uptown Nails did a fabulous job (of not tickling my feet!)

At the Outlet Mall, I only bought what I went for, but did come home with a beautiful new sweater, thanks to Hilary's handiwork:



The is the Color Block Cardigan by Chaiki Hayaski, knit sans color blocking in Wolle's Color Changing Cotton yarn.  Elisabeth's color offerings are prone to change with each release.  Madeira Stripes is colorway that Hilary used in this sweater.

I thought I might get to this earlier in the week, but...

After dinner, I sewed together Libby's Easy-Peasy Tiny Tuesday block for the RSC19 Sampler:



THURSDAY - I spent a portion of the morning at my Weekly Quilt Group.  The rest of the day was spent among scads of Light/Bright BLUE!!  Here is a sampling of items:



FRIDAY - How can another work week possibly have come to a close?!  YIKES!!!  Time flies (whether we are having fun or not.)

This afternoon, I released a new Design Floor Friday post.  This one details the finishing of this UFO:




On this evening's agenda???

August's Friday Night Sew-In.  Yay!!  I meant to pack a few projects last night, but...  I had to got to the airport to retrieve DS2, who was just getting home from his 2 week vacation in New York.

When I hurried out the door to head over...

I inadvertently left my machine's power cord and half of my projects at home.  Ugh!!

Fortunately, I was able to use a friend's machine to make this week's Tiny Tuesday block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:


SATURDAY - Make time to visit the LINK PARTY over at Angela's So Scrappy blog.  If you like Light/Bright BLUE, you will NOT want to miss it.  There is sure to be PLENTY of inspiration for sewing your scraps into quilts.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love that kid quilt with Big Bird and the blue binding. Looks very cheerful! Your RSC blocks look good too. How is it week 33 already? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks you've been up to lots with your blue scraps this week! Everything is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your weekly rundown! Whew, you stay busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week and 2 blue blocks! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such busy weeks, how you get so much done is pretty awesome. Love the nail and toe colors, very pretty blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great. How wonderful that you have friends that share their scraps! Pretty sweater too, looks super comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.