Saturday, August 31, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 35

Welcome to Week 35 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week brings with it the unofficial end of Summer, here in North Carolina.

SUNDAY - This morning I released another new Sew Some Love post.  You can find it HERE.

Bits of Light/Bright BLUE greeted me, as I enjoyed my morning cuppa:



MONDAY - After my chores were done, I trimmed up a Donation Quilt (top) for Jack's Basket.  It's a project that has been on HOLD for too many months.  All Summer long, in fact!  (Or is that since mid-Spring?)  Whatever the case, I'm really happy to have FINALLY made some additional progress.

Are you going to show us how it turned out, Joyful???

Well...

Since you asked SEW nicely, this photo shows the completed top:



Once the quilt is all done, I will do an overview of the process.

TUESDAY - My Evening Quilt Bee met tonight.  I took some trimming to be done:



As well as a bit of Bright BLUE pressing:


WEDNESDAY - I had a hair appointment this afternoon and went right up to the studio when I got home.  I started this little something for the upcoming My Favorite Quilt Block Blog Hop over on Carla's Creatin' In The Sticks blog:



Then...

I played with some "yucky" green scraps:



Yes, I realize that's NOT the Color of the Month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but those scraps are taking over the cutting table and the need to be TAMED (and stored away properly!!)

THURSDAY - It was a special day.  I was able to go to Knit Group AND my Weekly Quilt Bee !!  I also processed one of the two scrap bags received about a month ago and did a bit of Secret Sewing when I added this beautiful batik binding from Ruth B. to remnants of some African women fabric from Margaret:



FRIDAY - Grocery shopping was on today's agenda.  Alas, there were no grocery helpers at home to bring things inside.  :o((

There is a hurricane approaching the Florida coast.  Angela posted the Color of the month for September a little early, in case Hurricane Dorian hits in the next few days.  I'll save my announcement here until Sunday, even though you can easily find it over on So Scrappy.  It's not September, yet.

SATURDAY - This is the LAST weekend of the LONGEST month of my Summer!  I'm not sure why it seemed longer than the average month's time, but for some reason, it really did.

It was a busy month in Light/Bright BLUE, but I'm looking forward to seeing what September's Color of the Month will be.  While I wait, here's the new back I bought in celebration of August's Color of the Month:



To see what all of the RSC Quilters have been up to, head over to Angela's LINK PARTY over @ So Scrappy.  You are sure to be inspired by all of the Light/Bright BLUE projects.  While you're there, think good thoughts for Angela and her family (along with all the other residents of Florida who might be affected by the coming storm.)

Sharing with Oh Scrap!

Until next time...

Get SCRAPPY!!!

10 comments:

  1. That's a great quilt top for Jack's Basket, Joy! Looks a quick and easy one, too. Your star for CiL turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week you had. Lots of sewing and a bit of knitting would make me a happy girl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much quilty goodness in this post. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't love that sage/gray green, either. But a lot of people decorate with it, so it ends up in gift quilts, right? Which means scraps...

    Your blue scraps, on the other hand, are great! I've been enjoying seeing everyone's RSC projects this month. And September will be a fun one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many great quilt project! Enjoy sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such fun weeks! can't wait to see your Block blog hop blocks! Ha ha - Tongue Twister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sage green and browns and creams look quite nice together. I had made a 16-patch and pinwheel quilt for my sister years ago. It was cuddly with a flannel backing. But blues capture my heart. Hope you have fun with all your blue blocks. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors of the quilt you made for Jack's basket can be described in one word - Joyful!!! Looking forward to your purple nails in September. Will it be a pinkish purple or a bluish purple - the anticipation is killing me :-p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm behind on blog posts (again). Hope you had an equally productive week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, you have so much on the go. I like the little top you completed for Jack's Basket, a neat, simple design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.