Saturday, September 7, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 36

Welcome to Week 36 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This also began the final month of the Summer 2019 (Ravelry) UFO Club.  Time to get those projects finished up for this quarter's totals!  I'm not sure what, if anything, will be added to my previous two completed quilts for this session.

On the scrap front, Angela made an early announcement on Friday (due to the threat of Hurricane Dorian) that the Color of the Month for September will be:



Many of the RSC Quilters are SEW excited!!

SUNDAY - This day did NOT end up the way that I had planned.  A home improvement project ate my day.  (And yesterday, too!)

MONDAY - I'm having computer problems.  So, if this is all the post you get... you will know why.  Please bear with me, as my Tech Support Guy no longer lives at home.

TUESDAY - The day began with Knit Group and ended with PURPLE fingernails, but which one of these options...



This one:


Some would say that it's a very UN-Joy-like choice, but I actually LOVE it.  Yay!!!  (That's Hilary's non-PURPLE selection in the background, as she opted to hold onto Summer for 3 more weeks.)

WEDNESDAY - I went shopping with a little friend this morning:



Notice... PURPLE shoes and a PURPLE car!!  She also had A PURPLE barrette, but the able of the shot cut that out of the frame.

THURSDAY - The Junior Quilter and I stopped by my Weekly Quilt Group this morning.  The ladies are lovingly referred to as The Quilting Grandmas.  The fringes of Hurricane Dorian brougt rain that beat us to the car.  Oops!  Lucky thing that  I thought to wear my NEW rain boots:



This afternoon, I loaded my Jack's Basket quilt onto the frame:



got a bit done before dinner and went right back to it, afterwards.  It was all fun and games til the bobbin ran out!  :o((

FRIDAY - My little friend and I went to the park this morning.  We stopped by to see the knitters, but Linda has been sewing again (and now I have ANOTHER new project to add to my list!) and this time she used some scraps recycled denim:



We had lunch on the go and the late afternoon found me back at the quilt frame.  I managed to finish the quilting... after replacing the bobbin, yet again:



Don't cringe at the color combo!!  (You think I can't see you through the computer screen?)  All will be made clear once the super cute striped binding has been applied.

Sharing this one with Alycia
for

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over at So Scrappy.  I'd love nothing more than visit all of the other RSC Quilters to see what they've accomplished in September's Color of the Month, but I'm on my way to Sew/Craft Friends-zy.  Catch you later!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

17 comments:

  1. I too have purple nails today, but completely forgot about them when writing my post! (No way I'm taking a photo of my feet!)Your Jack's Basket quilt looks just right for a small child: a lot of visual stimulation there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a busy week! Home improvement projects just eat ALL the time. I think that's their whole function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your purple nails! And your Jack's Basket is great - so bright and fun! It will be well-loved, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love reading your newsy “diary”, I am anxious to see the finish on your Jack’s Basket quilt. I have to get the binding on Wiggle Time. There are hints that that baby girl is going to make an early entrance! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your purple nails AND your brightly colored quilt! As for bobbins running out on you, I feel that pain. We recently changed out the hook system on my Millie so she takes the bigger M bobbins instead of the smart-but-smaller L size. Which is backwards from the coffee shop, by the way -- the L bobbin should be the Large bobbin and the M bobbin should be the Medium size, but no one consulted me before they named them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh LOVE the nails!! and your jacks basket quilt is too cute!! it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went with a more muted plum purple at the nail salon. Purples seem so right for this time of year. Are you knitting a mitten from the selbuvotter book? I have made several pairs of norwegian mittens. They have the best thumb design of any mittens i have ever made. Ok time for me to get upstairs and get scrappy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having such beautiful nails must make sewing more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guessed wrong on the nail color! Busy week. Glad you only got a little rain. Hope you are busy sewing up a storm today with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to have a little helper along with you. LOVE the nail color your picked. It goes perfect with your new rain boots. Hope your tech guy is doing well in college. I LOVE striped binding. Can't wait to see all that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful purple color you chose on your nails!
    The Jack basket quilt looks really good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cringe?? I think it's WONDERFUL!!xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the rain boots! And the colors on the Jack's Basket quilt. Looks like you had a good week after all. Watch out for those empty bobbins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your purple nails are definitely THE COLOR for September. Every month I swoon over your diamond blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know I love those BRIGHT happy colors on your JB quilt! And I love a stripey binding so I can't wait to see yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cringing? No I’m saying Way to go with those colors. I get frustrated because of purple being cool or warm and they don’t seem to mix. I like the cool ones best. So glad you had fun with the little one. My granddaughter just started college this week, very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anybody who color coordinates as much as you do couldn't POSSIBLY have any cringe worthy color combinations so I'm patiently waiting to see what you've got up your sleeve! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.