Friday, September 27, 2019

Scrap Happy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 39

Welcome to Week 39 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!! This week's post is being released early.  It's NOT Saturday (yet) and the LINK PARTY hasn't started.  Read on to find out about my week and why I'm posting early...

I thought I would share the PURPLE projects that have graced my Gallery Wire during the month of September.  I promised them last week, but that didn't happen.

This is the goal.  Let's see if the computer cooperates...

Art Bee and Quilter's Play Group challenges generated the 8 x 10  inch quilts below:



This is Inspired By... The Series with tiny bits of PURPLE in successively smaller versions of the same design.  A small snippet of an old, old painting:


This came from the Play Group's session on using rubber stamping in your work:


These two were gifts from an online Mug Rug Swap:


Here is Fractured Friendship (Stars) made by cutting and resewing a couple of Orphan Blocks leftover from an online swap that I dropped out of after making (and failing) at these sample blocks:


SUNDAY - Top on today's agenda, visit with DS1.  While doing that, I worked on this client quilt:



MONDAY - Released a new Design Floor Friday post. Yes, I'm aware that it's Monday!  My computer is showing its age and chooses WHEN there will be a post.

This evening, I spent some time processing these gift scraps from a week or so ago...

Thank you to Candy:


Thanks to Dee Dee:


And, thank you to Ella:


TUESDAY - Evening Quilt Bee found me processing these PURPLE scraps:



At the end of the night, they were looking MUCH more tamed:


WEDNESDAY - Today was the day to begin sorting out projects for my upcoming Quilt Retreat.  No pictures, but I've chosen a few to make the trip with me.

The day's highlight was getting a text from DS1 saying that my new computer is en route to me.  Yay!!!

THURSDAY - Working out details for the trip and preparing for October's Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



The color is Black Cherry.   Overall, it gives the appearance of a deep red-brown.  I'm just happy to have my nails shorter, again!

FRIDAY - Let the packing begin:



I'm in a bit of a panic, as the food order wasn't ready on time and I still have to pack!!!  I keep telling myself to relax and breathe.  I've got (almost) an hour before my ride is picking me up.  Who needs lunch, anyway?!?!

Finished packing with a half hour to share.  Do you think I'm bringing enough stuff???

I've only got...

3 project bags
3 suitcases
3 bags of food
A cooler and a Keurig

Oh! And... A bag of quilts!!

Just waiting for my ride:


SATURDAY - Enjoy this month's "Kitchen Quilt" and then head over to Angela's LINK PARTY (once Saturday arrives and Angela posts it.)  I'll add links when I'm able, as there is little to no connectivity at the Lake House:



Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Joyful, yes you do have enough stuff packed. Just enjoy the journey, the friendship, the wine and the sewing too, of course. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at retreat! It would be worse to show up with not enough to keep you busy the entire time. Love all your new scraps -- you've got some GREAT friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're enjoying your retreat! We're in Portland, Oregon, flying home to Colorado tomorrow. I loved your tour of your gallery of minis - I LOVE mini quilts! The very last butterfly one is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how a few butterflies flew across onto the other fabric; what a lovely idea! The appliqué painting in 3 sizes is lovely, but you have a lot of patience to make the same design THREE times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty in Purple - project, nails and all :-) Have fun with DS1 and at the retreat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your retreat is fun and productive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.