Saturday, September 21, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 38

Welcome to Week 38 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  As you may recall, this month is all about our PURPLE scraps.  I like to share projects done in the Color of the Month.  This week, that means I'm sharing a LOT of what's hanging on my Gallery Wire and a LITTLE bit of sewing with PURPLE scraps...

Well,  that was the plan.  And then my computer started acting up.  AGAIN.  SEW... I had to go with what I had and will hope to add those photos next week.

SUNDAY - First, let me begin by sharing a link to my 2019 Quilty Orphan Adoption post.  You have until 9 PM on Sunday, Sept. 22nd to put your "name in the hat" for FIVE "prizes" that I'm giving away!!



MONDAY - I enjoyed my morning cuppa in the handwoven PURPLE mug rug by my friend Belinda and the new issue of Quilting Arts magazine:



TUESDAY - My time at Girls Night Out was spent seeing buttons on a knitting UFO.  There's PURPLE in it:



WEDNESDAY - This evening, I stuffed Prototype One for DS1's computer "wrist rest", but I thought it would make a better picture cushion:



THURSDAY - I did the same with Prototype Two, hoping it may sit the intended purpose:




FRIDAY - This morning, I went to Knit Group only to find that most of the group had arranged a change of venue for the day.  I didn't have time to go that far from home.  A couple others joined me at our regular spot.

Hilary helped me with the buttonhole to finish my (scrappy) Tubularity:



Me, wearing it as a super squishy cowl above and Hilary, modeling it as a wrap in the photo below:


This afternoon, I met a friend for ice cream and a chat.  It was such a pretty day that we decided to go for a walk along the Riverwalk.

After that, I was ready for a shower, but instead... I had just enough time to get to September's Friday Night Sew-In.  No PURPLE projects tonight, however, I did come home from Knit Group earlier with a few new fabrics:



Special thanks to Ande for thinking of me while helping a friend clean out her house.  BIG thanks to Tish, who had a fantastic stash of fabric to share!  Thanks goes out to Hilary, too. I appreciate the special delivery.  Many hours of sewing fun are waiting for me within that grocery tote!  :o))

SATURDAY - Join me over on Angela's So Scrappy blog for this week's RSC LINK PARTY.  You will see LOTS of PURPLE scrappy goodness on the go!!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!



8 comments:

  1. The wrist rest (rist wrest?) will really help DS1! I remember those days of having so much to type that it hurts...ugh. I wouldn't be surprised if his friends start requesting them, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handwoven purple mug rug is gorgeous! You have a talented friend! I'm liking that handmade wrist rest, too - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the wrist rest project. I believe you are on the right track with the latest model. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the wrist rest worked out for DS1. Hopefully you'll get to play with all those pretty purples this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, those are some neat purples in your fabric haul. And I love the look of that woven mug rug. And the nails. Always the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple scraps, and of course the nails! Good luck with the wrist rest. I think lots of us could use them, and would like to know how you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got a great friend to think of you for nabbing some fabric! Would like to know & see what you're knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy this week with beautiful things. Which wrist rest did your son like better?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.