Saturday, April 8, 2023

Scrap Happy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 14

Welcome to Week 14 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was chock full of blog posts and scrap sewing.  Too bad the sewing is mainly secret.  I know you hate it when I do that, but some projects need to wait for the BIG reveal.

On with my week...

SUNDAY - Winter 2023 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The Results

No Zooming today, so I dug into my PURPLE Quilted Scrap Basket to see what fun is in store for this month:


I know the darker PURPLE section shown below appears to be a single piece of fabric, however, it was a "down and dirty" test to check the size of a Wonky 9-Patch that I was trying to replicate at Quilt Retreat last year.  It ended up as an Orphan block and I used it along with some scrap binding from Francine (?) on the back of this mug rug:


MONDAY - Spring 2023 (Ravelry) UFO Club - The List

Work was followed by...

A make-up Zoom session with Knittingsuek, as she had a class yesterday:


TUESDAY - The Guest Blogger(s)

Work was followed by a trip to the grocery store and other exciting household chores.  Yippee!!  Cleaning toilets is the highlight of any day, right???

The evening was spent sewing more scraps to add to this pieced panel.  Look closely, RSC Quilter friends!  There are bits of PURPLE in there:


WEDNESDAY - Wonderful Wednesday

Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work... So no Weekly Quilt Bee for me.  :o((

I did complete a sewing task:


FRIDAY - Knit Group:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week. (Sorry! No direct link, yet, as there's no title on Angela's post - at the moment.)

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

13 comments:

  1. Your quilted scrap bin is sure cute! I don't have as much purple to choose from as I thought I did in the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scraps are sorted into clear plastic shoe boxes…your fabric container is much prettier! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy week. Very smart to use up a demo block as backing. Hopefully next week is less rushed and you'll have more stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🤣had to laugh at you toilet highlight moment I do have been having those moments,reminded me of when our mom would tell us once I clean in here you're not going!🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you got to squeeze friends and sewing into your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know where you are heading with your Thursday night work on purple. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A busy week! Love your Purple Scraps basket, looks full of super fabrics- I’m envious! Enjoy sewing some of them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy. Love your purple basket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A busy week, but I see a few purple scraps mixed in! Love your crumb block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! I spy a purple heart on your scraps panel. And the purple mug rug looks pretty. Have a nice week, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And that's a wrap! ;>) Lovely purple squares. What might be lurking in their future ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you - already into the purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought that mug rug backing looked familiar! ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.