Friday, April 28, 2023

April 2023 - ABC (Table) SCRAPS - Link Party

Welcome to the April 2023 edition of the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge here at the Joyful Quilter!!  Thanks for stopping by the Link Party to see what participants have made this month.  In my part of the world, Spring, Summer and Winter have been struggling for power all month long.  Have the moderate temperatures arrived in your neck of the woods?  Allergy season comes with the warm Spring days.  I can't think of a better reason to stay inside and quilt?

I host this challenge in conjunction with Angela's (RSC) Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ So Scrappy.  It's been SEW much fun to offer the...



Button credit to Susan @ Desert Sky Quilts, updated by me.

Since basically ANY small quilted item qualifies for this challenge, I scrounge through my scrap basket to see what I can come up with.  

Each month I offer a prompt to help get your creative juices flowing.  While you are NOT required to use it in your project, the guiding word is revealed at the end of each month's LINK PARTY post.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the next month's focus.  It, along with the RSC Color of the Month (as soon as Angela releases it - around the 1st of the month) will also be added to the 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge page at the top of the blog.

April's letters were:

Y and/or N


I'm enjoying stretching my creativity to come up with a design to include each letter, as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month.

April's color was PURPLE.  Plenty of that in my scrap basket(s)...



This was another month that I neglected to take many process photos...

Here's the little quilt top, layered with a scrap of batting and a bit of backing:


Soon enough, the quilting was DONE...


SEW...

I'm pleased to present my completed ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry for April, while sending out special thanks to Francine (?) for providing the binding fabric:


The little pile of leftovers from my great niece's baby quilt called to me.  I built a rainbow out of them. (This challenge is run in conjunction with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, after all!)  I finished my entry off with PURPLE (on the back) in honor of April's Color of the Month:


Instead of a single scrap chunk for the backing or piecing a few scrap strips together, I added an Orphan block from an experimental size test made at Quilt Retreat last year.

How does that fit this month's theme, Joyful???

It worked like this:

Y = YELLOW... A solid scrap, along with the yellow-green pieces used in building this rainbow mug rug.

N = NEW scraps (the lavender portion of the back and PURPLE of the prepared binding) which was recently received in a scrap bag from my friend Diane and her friend Francine.

This was made for my friend Paulette @ The Way I Sew It and she shared the following photo with me since she has already put the mug rug to work at her desk:



What's next, Joyful???

The month of May is just around the corner.  Angela has chosen a new Color of the Month:

ORANGE

May's letters are:

F and/or L

NOTE:  What will YOU create???

And now...

It's time for YOU to link up your Y and/or N projects in the LINK PARTY below.  All entries MUST be submitted by Tuesday, May 2nd @ 11:59PM (EST).

Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#ABCtableSCRAPSchallenge2023
#tablescrapschallenge2023

I'm joining Sandra's DrEAMI party


... Because I actually had ANOTHER project in mind
for this month's ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge.
That post is coming up next week.

7 comments:

  1. Both table scraps projects turned out beautifully. My favorite is the rainbow one, the quilting on it is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how scraps can become so useful. Love the Purple on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty rainbow, Joy! Little pieces like that always make sweet gifts. Thanks for challenging and hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, what a happy scrappy rainbow mat! A joy to use and a joy to put a few scraps to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joyful, what a great little piece! Thanks for this great challenge....onto orange now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good rainbow, and a good mug rug and this fills both loves. How nice to have sent it to Paulette. Thanks for linking up with DrEAMi and my apologies for being so tardy in visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.