Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wonderful Wednesday - SAHRR 2023 - Prize Patrol

Welcome to a new edition of Wonderful Wednesday here at The Joyful Quilter blog!!  I'm here to report on a SAHRR prize.

Wait... What?!?!

I recently received an unexpected email from Roseanne @ Home Sewn By Us.

Here's what she had to say:

Hi! I have good news to share with you. Your name was drawn as one of the winners for the 2023 SAHRR. You have won a $25 gift certificate from Missouri Star Quilt Company (MSQC). Is that something you would like to have and use? If so, I'll send it to you via email. I'll need your full name and your preferred email address. I'd like to personally thank you for participating in the QAL this year. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

My reply...

Oh, wow!! This is a fun surprise. Thank you, Roseanne!! Of course, I would use a gift certificate to MSQC. I'm sure I can find something fun to buy!  :o))

SEW exciting!!!
Joy

Want to know the BEST part???

I didn't even remember there WERE prizes this year!!!  How fun is that?!


I used the windfall...

To purchase an item that I have resisted for quite some time:


Image compliments of Missouri Star Quilt Company.

I'm hoping that its use will induce flatter seams on my quilt blocks.  Do YOU use a "Quilter's" Clapper?  If you do, I'd be interested in hearing your reviews on the product.  Is buyer's remorse the next item on my quilting list?  (I'm just wondering if I wasted my gift card on a fancy block of wood - even though I'll find out soon enough.)

Thanks, again, Roseanne!  I appreciate your generosity.

(Edited to add)  Less than a week later...

This package arrived on my porch:


Here's what was inside and I put it right to work:


Until next time...
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the prize. You'll have to leave a review once you've used it for a bit. I've wondered if they are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win, Joy! I'm getting a prize, too, and just like you, I forgot all about them. I haven't used a clapper, so will be interested to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the prize! I have not used a clapper, but have heard they work great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy. A prise is a lovely thing. A little unexpected gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the win! I have never heard of those so it will be interesting to see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats! I use a very old clapper from many years ago when I sewed professionally (garments, not quilts). I use a very hot iron with steam when I don't use the clapper. I love nicely pressed seams! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Lots of winners! If the clapper helps level out seams, I'd call that another win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a clapper. They are usually made of cedar. You can also use them when you iron a block, binding or any sewing. After ironing put the clapper over hot work. It not only helps flatten your work but it also takes the heat out of it and your ironing board. Then you don’t burn your fingers when ironing a lot of blocks etc….

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure going to use one soon--very cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo Hoo! A clapper is a great way to use an unexpected windfall! have a couple of friends who swear by them! Let’s us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.