Saturday, April 15, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 15

Welcome to Week 15 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week surely must be my busiest RSC week of the year.  At least, it feels that way to me.  I was ALL about the fabric scraps this week.  The majority of them were in Angela's Color of the Month.

Take a look...

SUNDAY - Sorting out PURPLE scraps during my Zoom session with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Work

Afterwards, I decided to load a quilt on the longarm:


(My adaptation of) Splash by Amanda Jean Nyberg.  The pattern found in Sunday Morning Quilts was a bit too fussy for me to bother with, but I had fun "winging" it into a reasonable likeness of her quilt.

TUESDAY - Work was canceled, so I went shopping.  Grocery shopping, that is!  Sigh...

After lunch, I basted the quilt on the longarm:


And sorted my PURPLE scraps into a variety of strip lengths:


WEDNESDAY - Today was my scheduled day off, as I had an appointment with my friend Hilary.  She presented me with a copy of her latest book, Dead By Design.  Thanks, Hilary!!


Updated to add:  I've waited 2+ years to get my hands on this book.  If you like cozy mysteries or knitting, you NEED to read this book!!  It was an intriguing who-done-it set at a Knitting Retreat in Scotland.  Long enough to be completely satisfying, but short enough to still qualify as a quick read.  Totally enthralling!

Hilary also gave me this lovely new shawl - and it's not even my birthday!  The color is just perfect for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Guess what?  It was knit from yarn scraps:


I got home just in time to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work was followed by a new look at the property next door:


FRIDAY - Knit Group...


Was supposed to be followed by work, but instead, I ended up with the day off.  Yay!!

I made use of the extra time by shopping for replacement rainboots.  Mine sprung a leak the last time I wore them!  Which ones do YOU think I bought?  The blue paisley or the floral boots:


HINT:  There are some little PURPLE flowers on the floral boots.

After lunch I did some scrappy PURPLE sewing.  Check back on Tuesday to see what became of these:


Later, while making dinner, I noticed a double rainbow out the kitchen window:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

13 comments:

  1. I think you chose the floral rain boots. I think I wish they sold those here. Still snow boots on the shelves around here, and none in floral or paisley! ☹️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BTW! I love the quilt on your frame! Name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy week. Not sure how you feel about the extra time off work, but it was certainly a good thing for your stitching stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got the floral ones, right? :) I love the blue quilt on the frame, and I'm anxious to see what you're doing with those purple strips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what fun boots! I've always wanted the clear ones so my handmade socks will show! lol The week looks like another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little progress every day! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm guessing the floral boots! I'll have to check out her books - thanks for the info. Can't wait to see what you do with those pretty purple scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Splash quilt, Joy! I've never seen the original, so yours looks wonderful to me. That row of sorted purple scraps is really appealing - can't wait to see what you're making with them. And I guess the floral boots - they're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to work as a temp for a government agency. During quiet times I was often stood down for a couple of days. Although I didn't get paid, I used to really enjoy these bonus days off, where I would spend the days sewing, and the occasional quick burst of housework.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just caught up on your posts, Joy. Such enthusiasm for all you do and it is quite a lot! That Splash-y quilt is lovely, btw. I'm thinking you chose the floral boots...I would, if they fit nicely! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you picked those floral boots. Both are pretty cute! A bonus day off now and then can be a treasure. One of the school districts I used to do staff development for called those bonus days a "gift of time" day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm guessing the floral boots! Looks like you had a good few days there...hope this week is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I would have chosen the floral boots. What a bonus to get so many days off, although maybe not missing the pay.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.