Saturday, May 4, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 18

Welcome to Week 18 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It was a busy week (as they tend to be for me.)  Quilting, yes.  RSC quilting?  Not a chance!  It's also Transition Week.  A new Color of the Month will be released on Wednesday.

Read on to find out why...

SUNDAY - I finished the quilting on a friend's B9P...



... And loaded another quilt.  (Totally unheard of in my studio, as I generally need a break between quilts!!)

MONDAY - After dinner, I finished the quilting on this lovely Star Quilt which was loaded on the frame last night:



TUESDAY - Evening Quilt Bee met tonight.  I shared Karen L's quilt with the group, as it was also my project for the meeting.  The project that required a rotary cutter.  You know?  The one I left AT HOME!!!

head, desk... sigh...

Fortunately, I had a backup project.  Ripping the piecing mistake that I noticed when sewing at Britt's house kept me busy for the entire meeting:


Hmm... A bit of foreshadowing, perhaps??!

When I got home, I prepared KD's quilt for loading.

Houston, we have a problem!!

I made a rookie mistake and neglected to mention that her quilt back needed to be wider and longer than the quilt top.  (It wasn't.)

WEDNESDAY - This morning I planned to go Knit Group. That didn't happen!  I did, however, make a trip to the Post Office.  You can read more about that 

Angela posted the Color of the Month:


In the midday, I met a friend to return her quilt back (for additional borders.  Oops!)

This afternoon, I had another appointment and worked on a UFO before dinner:




THURSDAY - Today, the plan was to deliver Cheryl K's quilt at my Weekly Quilt Bee.

Did it happen, Joyful???

Yep!!  Photo currently unavailable!!

FRIDAY - Another meeting with my friend KD and the backing along with the batting have been loaded on the frame:



My challenge.  It's a double-sided quilt (which I have yet to tackle on the longarm.)  I'll be checking in with my mentor for pointers!

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over to see the last of the AQUA wrap-up posts and look forward to the beginning of the ORANGE posts.


I'm off to Raleigh for Sew/Craft Friends-zy.  I've got a list of projects a mile long and only 12 hours to complete them all (or at least make some good progress!)  I'll catch up with the RSC Quilters tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...

Be sure to stop by for my Sew Some Love Sunday post.  I'm planning a review of my Healing Hearts for Christchurch block collection.  It's rather impressive, if I do say so myself.  All thanks to friends (from near and far) coming together to do good work!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

13 comments:

  1. You had a really productive week. Enjoy your weekend, sounds like you've got some fun plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps no orange, but you should get bonus points for doing something quilty everyday! Besides, it was only half a week for orange. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont you just love those polka dots. I recognize a few, did you dip into my stash. I would never have missed it. You have so many lovely quilt tops to quilt on. Such fun. How can one not know that the backing needs to be wider??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with all the long-arming you've been doing! I imagine each new quilt you load on is a learning experience. Have fun at your Sew Friendzy today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors. Forgot you had a long arm. I'll be watching for some pretty orange toe nails this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. orange is joyful so it should be a very productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you got a lot done! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. impressive week - I have just had 2 new quilt customers that didn't understand the extra fabric for longarming. They tried but it wasn't enough

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Sounds like a busy, productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting looks great on the B9P! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And here I am totally impressed with everything on this blog post! I will refresh and see what's going on next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! You are banging out those quilts. The Swirls looks great on it! I had a lady give me THREE quilts with backs too small. Ugh. Love your aqua nails -- as always. Glad you had a back-up project to work on during the meeting. Sometimes it takes me longer to deliver quilts than it does to quilt them. Quilty friends are awesome. Have a great week! Can't wait to see what you come up with in orange scraps. I LOVE the scrappy baskets you made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Just reading about your busyness leaves me exhausted! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.