Friday, May 24, 2019

Design Floor Friday - May's Friday Night Sew-In

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  I'm here to share the May meeting of Friday Night Sew-In.  My Pecking Order quilt was the first (and only) quilt to be laid out on the design floor.  I was preparing for an expansion project:


Sarah (on the left) worked on a new sweater, as friends chatted:


Cathy did a bunch of cutting:


Ann layered a quilt for Twin One:


Cathy brought this pattern for a friend:


Karoline did  a different kind of cutting.  Paper cutting for some cute invitations for a special party:


Ann smooths the layers to begin pinning:


Karen did some sorting for a new project:


Marian cut for tomorrow's quilt class:


Helena was here with the pieces and parts of her own Pecking Order quilt:


Ella spent the evening cutting for tomorrow's quilt class:


Linda is cutting for a scrappy version of tomorrow's class quilt:


There is a flaw in my plan for this evening's expansion project!!  The background is made up of a number of white on black prints and I only brought TWO fabrics for the additional squares needed:


With one done, Ann pins the quilt for Twin Two:


LOOK, there is some ORANGE in the sea of blue for the RSC Quilters to enjoy:


Helena made some additional Pecking Order blocks:


I resorted to arranging some Bonus HSTs:


Karoline brought everyone am emery board from her recent trip to Paducah, which included an extensive Shop Hop:


It is SEW good to be able to hang out with quilty friends:


Karen made progress on a special T-Quilt:


Here I am with scrappy block number one:


Here is a close-up of the block:


I also put together a small scrappy pincushion to be stuffed later:


Lining things up for block number two:


Snacks, anyone??  The M&Ms are over at Joy's table:


Block number two needed added variety, as the components were too "matchy-matchy" in the previous incarnation:


A few more changes and I was ready to sew:


Shades of ORANGE for Marian's class quilt:


See... TWO blocks:



Perhaps, Helena could refresh my memory concerning the following oh-so-unflattering photo.  In my defense, it was late:


This photo was to show that the blocks use 36 HSTs, but aren't much bigger than my hand at a finished size of 6 inches: 


Special thanks to Ann for getting us all together!  It makes for a wonderful evening.

Until next time...
SEW the night away!!!

2 comments:

  1. What fun--I would love to participate in a group like this in my area. There used to be one, but I think it fizzled out.
    You may not have been able to work on your first choice project, but you plan B worked out very well. LOVE those happy, scrappy little blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Sizzling Bacon! You robbed the M&M Bank! I love your Pecking Order quilt. Awesome, really. Too bad you couldn't work on it much but the little squares from the bonus parts made great progress. My favorites is the before last picture. Hiiillllaaarrrious! Love your sense of humor. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.