Saturday, May 25, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 21

Welcome to Week 21 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I sewed (and UN-sewed) ORANGE for the RSC this week.  Just not the sewing that counts for the QAL.  Take a look...

SUNDAY - We were granted a surprise visit from DS1 before lunchtime today.  He needed a few things from his room and wanted to pick up his mail.  Sorry!  No photo to share.  :o((

MONDAY - Quilting KD's baby quilt:



TUESDAY - Another evening at the longarm.  I stopped with only some repair work remaining.

WEDNESDAY - Finished KD's 3-D Pinwheels. It took WAY loonnggeerrrr than it should have!!!  It turned out nicely and that's the important part!

THURSDAY - Loaded BQG2 Donation Quilt this evening.  LOOK at the gorgeous wide-back panel that was provided for the backing:




There's a little bit of color edging toward ORANGE.  :o))

FRIDAY - Delivered 3-D Pinwheels to KD. Also started the I-cord bind off on my Hoodie Shawl Cardigan:




SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  If you have time, particularly if you like ORANGE, head over to check out all of this week's participating quilters.

I believe that sandal season has arrived in North Carolina, as the thermometer read 92 yesterday, so here's another glimpse of my ORANGE toes in some super comfy hand-me-down sandals:



Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

For those of you who have read to the end of my post, you get to see the funny animation that Google created with the photos that my husband took while I was wedged between the rails of the longarm:



Picking out stitches.  One at a time.  I'll apologize now, if you are not fond of photo animation.  I figured some of you might get a laugh out of the sight.

14 comments:

  1. Love the animation! And the sandals, with the orange nail polish. Sorry you had to rip, though. Have another terrific week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun with the animation. Great projects you are working on. Sorry you had to pick up, but the result will be best when the mistakes are fixed.
    Nice knitting work! As usual, you are beautiful with nails shining in the color of the month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would have a smile anywhere near my face in that photo shoot! Fun animation. Wonder what color the nails will become next week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Deb! Looks like lots of busy busy in your quilting life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we can all relate to the unpicking frustration. A busy week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the animation. Thank you DH for playing the photograph. It was funny. I see that even though you are tackling a very unpleasant job you are still smiling for the camera. You are such a great actress. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your little video! and all of your work

    ReplyDelete
  8. The video made me smile. And I always enjoy your quilty progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your orange toes are still bringing me a smile and so did the video. Hope you share more of your knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always fun to see what has kept you busy all week! It's good to have a sense of humor about the silly things our DH's like to try with their cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recognize that not-really-happy-to-be-photographed smile. Who can be super cheerful when ripping quilting stitches?? Not me, and I did my share this week, too! Oh well, it looks better now, right? That's what counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your posts always crack me up and I have to say I love your orange toenails!! And you got quite a bit of quilting done, frog-stitching notwithstanding! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter is looking st the pictures over my shoulder, and she loves your “so, so pretty” sandals! katie z.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your photo animation! Typical 10 minutes of stitching on a longarm is over an hour of unstitching unfortunately. It happens and is part of the process. LOVE your summer sandals. LOVE that pinwheel quilt and it's fun neutrals. Hope your visit with DS1 was a fun one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.