Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sew Some Love Sunday - Winner, winner!! Quilted dinner??? - H2H Wrap Up

Wait!  What, Joyful???

Don't mind me!  I'm just in a silly mood as I sit here typing up this edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  (Later in the post, you'll see why.)  This post shares Sarah's Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge 2019 Wrap Up post.  I participated for the 2nd year in a row.

Anyway...

While reading Sarah's H2H Wrap Up post, I saw the following...


Number of participating quilters:



47 more quilters than last year!!

Total number of donated quilts:

454 more quilts that last year!


That was MORE THAN DOUBLE last year's donations.

INCREDIBLE!!!

Then she went on to post the sponsor gifts...

GIFTS?!?!


I always forget that is a thing.  I'm just happy to be able to help.

I won.  I won!!  I won:

(OK, so it's not technically a prize, but...)



Susan Smith of Stitched by Susan is returning as a giver this year, offering edge to edge long arm quilting services, Hobbs 80/20 batting, thread and return postage for one lap size quilt, (max 4200 square inches).
Winner:  Joy M.

As a quilter with a longarm quilting machine eating up half of my studio space, I got a good laugh out of this.  Seriously?  A longarm quilter winning longarm quilting services.  What are the chances?


I laughed, but then I thought what an AWESOME gift!!

That max 4200 square inches clause
translates into the quilting of a 60 x 70" lap quilt.

Hmm...  I wonder???

Off to see what UFO might fit within those parameters...
I'm giddy with excitement over the possibilities!!

Thank you, Susan (and ALL of the sponsors!) for providing such generous contributions to the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge!!  Many thanks to Sarah for running the program and soliciting prizes for EVERY participant.  There was a LONG list of such FABULOUS gifts.  Be sure to shop the sponsors!

Edited to add:  After post time, Sarah informed me that she had added two (2) more quilters and FIVE (5) more quilts!!  That brings the Challenge totals to 199 quilters and 875 quilts.  Wow!!

Until next time...
Givers sometimes receive!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's kind of ironic but hey! one less for you to do, so more time to do commission quilts. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of it as a winning TIME. The time you would be spending quilting a lap quilt, you can now spend doing something else that you really want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Good for you! I won too! An Olfa mini gift pack. Not sure if that means one of those Olfa cutters with the tiny blade? In any case, it's fun to get something in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Congrats on being a prize winner and on being a quilt giver. Both feel really good. Have a great stitchy week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.