Sunday, May 19, 2019

Sew Some Love Sunday - H2H Link-up

Welcome to another H2H edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  I'm here to share my contribution to Sarah's Hands2Help program.  It's a ways from done, but that's par for the course.  The quilting for this one was done between client quilts:


Free motion swirls dance in rows across the quilt.  The last time I did any free motion longarming was nearly 3 years ago, not long after The Beast (a pet name for my APQS Millennium) was installed in my sewing room.  I had forgotten how much FUN (and how fast) it can be!!

SEW, acutally...

When I say "my contribution", I use the term loosely.  I am one of the volunteer longarmers for the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project.  I partnered with Brunswick Quilters Guild to provide THREE quilts to the project.  They provided quilt tops and backs, along with one quilt batting and funds to purchase another.  I provided one batting and the quilting services.  I will also be providing the binding fabric - unless the excess backing fabric works for that.  The other service I am providing is that I will bind the quilts and deliver them to my semi-local drop point (Cary Quilting Company) before August 1st.

I also have a quilt planned for Jack's Basket and began sewing the center portion at the end of April.  Unfortunately, construction was stalled when several time-sensitive client quilts came in to be quilted.  It WILL get done.  The question is WHEN?!?!  I didn't report this one to Sarah, as the CHQP quilts are my priority.

Sarah, thank you for running the H2H charity quilt drive!  It's a fabulous program for helping others.  Also, I appreciate your understanding of the fact that LIFE can (and does) get in the way of our quilting plans.  I will post the other quilts, here on my blog, as I am able to get to them.

Until next time...
Hands are for HELPING!!!

4 comments:

  1. Freemotion longarming is my favorite way to quilt, along with ruler work! You are contributing a lot by quilting their tops and helping them finish up their goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting those big Carolina quilts is a big job! I'm so glad that you're doing it; very generous use of your time. This green and cream one is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your contribution. Without some longarm quilters who volunteer their service, not as many quilts would be able to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of hands make the work fun tho right? Good for you for being a part of it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.