Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wonderful Wednesday - It's "Spring" Time!!

A Winter 2017 (Ravelry) UFO Club FINISH!!!

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!  OK, so I just MIGHT have gotten a LITTLE bit ahead of myself.  While it really is the middle of winter... It's time for everyone to join me in a happy dance.

Why, Joyful???

Because I finished The Tiffany Mystery: Think Spring!!!

Have a look:


The HSTs for this quilt sat patiently in a basket for 10 or 12 YEARS... neglected.  Waiting.  Waiting for me to sew them into a quilt top and, subsequently, a completed quilt.

TODAY is that day!!!  (Well, technically, that day was Monday.)

Here are the beauty shots at the coffee shop:



Just LOOK at that texture:



On a ladder in the back:



 Along the counter top:



Folded and draped:



Rolled on the antique display cabinet...



... And stuffed into one of the antique storage cubbies:



Along with a (floppy) full shot:



And some outtakes:








I'm VERY excited to have this longstanding UFO marked off my list!  After quilting, but before a trip through the washer and dryer, Think Spring measures ~ 61" x 73".

This quilt was a tale of old meets new.

The OLD:  The purple in the quilt was from my scrap stash back when DS1 was in kindergarten... he's a senior now... in COLLEGE!!!  The green may have been from back then, as well.  The black was donated by the quilt's designer, my dear old quilting buddy, Tiffany.  (I'm pretty sure it was EVEN OLDER than the purple and green!!)  Those pink and golden yellow prints on the front came from my (mid-2000's) fabric stash.  Same with the background.

And the NEW:  Border, binding, and backing fabrics came from New Beginnings Quilt Shop during a side-trip with Knittingsuek at SAFF 2016.  I was amazed to find ANYTHING that remotely went with my OLD fabrics!!

Mixing the old and the new REALLY worked, in this case.  They blended to form a cohesive whole.  A wonderfully sweet quilt that I am quite pleased with...

Even if I'm NOT "a pink girl!!!"  :P

The quilting on Think Spring was done by me on my APQS Millennium Longarm Quilting Machine.  I used my favorite Loricle Template Board.  Let's just say...  There was a BIT of a Learning Curve.

Which is why I seriously considered officially changing the name of the quilt... to Learning Curve!!

Here is a photo taken at home...


... Along with my obligatory driveway shot - where I obviously missed prime time for good lighting:



And even an outtake, as the breeze kicked up:



HERE is a photo of the 1st daffodil (blooming ahead) of the season:


Until next time...
Think Spring!!!

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo! It's beautiful. Our daffodils are up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing this old UFO. (So in other words, if I understand correctly, this quilt is old enough to go to a bar and order a beer?) It is very beautiful and you did a great job with the quilting. You have daffodils? Like, now? Whooooaaaahhh!! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your finish...that is one long term ufo!!! It mm is a beautiful quilt, with lovely colours and quilting. Always specIal to see a daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! It's always fun to get an UFO off the list, to get one of the older ones off the list is extra special. I would never have guessed that the fabrics were that old. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's stunning,well done on your beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old is new, started is done, and pieces are quilt - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt so beautifully displayed in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well all that patient waiting on the part of your quilt resulted in pure beauty. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt! And it comes with its own pedigree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that is beautiful! Congrats on the finish! I love all your fun photos of it. Think Spring is the perfect name for it, too! I can't believe you have daffodils already! I'm jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to hear UFOs that old do get finished. Maybe there is hope for mine. It is such a sweet quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.