Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wonderful Wednesday - No Scrap Left Behind {A Book Review}

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week, I want to tell you about the book I just got.  It came in THIS package and, technically, could have been included in this week's Mail Call Monday post:




DS1 ordered it for me and I couldn't be more pleased.

It's Amanda Jean Nyberg's NEW book No Scrap Left Behind, which arrived on my doorstep this weekend and I absolutely LOVE it!!  I thought YOU might like to take a look:



What do you like about this book, Joyful??

The answer to that question is... EVERYTHING!!!

Why, Joyful??

It felt like Amanda Jean, from the blog Crazy Mom Quilts, used a fresh approach to her book devoted to scrappy quilts.  Yes, she told her quilting story and she gave some ideas about scrap management, but she also talked about what it takes to make a successful scrap quilt.  She even talks about what to do when things aren't working!!  (How refreshing is THAT?!?!)

My FAVORITE part of the book (besides all of the wonderful projects) is the way she sorted the projects by scrap type.  It's brilliant, really.  Not to mention, SEW much more useful!!

All you have to do is sort your scraps and decide which ones you need to use up.  Once you've done that, simply pick up your copy of the book, go to that section and choose a project.  Easy-peasy!!

See for yourself...






Amanda Jean has provided 2 - 6 projects for each scrap type.  Most of the projects in the book are throw size or larger, but she has provided a number of smaller projects, as well.

REMEMBER:  You can ALWAYS choose to make fewer blocks for your own quilt!!!  Conversely, you may opt to make EVEN MORE blocks than suggested to end up with a larger quilt.

So... I hope you enjoyed this edition of Wonderful Wednesday.  I'm excited for two reasons:

1. I absolutely LOVE scrappy quilts and this book it full of them.

2. It's almost Friday and I'll be on my way to Quilt Con.  If I'm lucky, I may even get to meet Amanda Jean!!!

UPDATE:  I ran into her just before she was leaving the show.  We talked for a little while and she was kind enough to sign my copy.

Until next time...
Read me a quilt!!!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like this might be a good book to put on my birthday list, excellent idea to have projects listed by scrap type, I have lots of strings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely start with the snippets' chapter. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.