Saturday, February 4, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC17 - Week 5

My scrap baskets are overflowing!!!


Welcome to Week 5 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This is an exciting week over on So Scrappy, as Angela will be hosting a NEW LINK PARTY.  (Look for that on Tuesday.)

My week looked something like this...

On SUNDAY, I cut into THESE scraps for my Law Enforcement Appreciation Quilt:



MONDAY morning, I was off to Knit Group.  The afternoon was for... FINISHING!!!  See THIS POST for more about that.

Angela also put out a post.  January's Color of the Month is:



Well, technically, Sea Green!  Here is what she had to say:

"Sea Green will be the color for February.  Anything between blue and green will work.  From teal, to aqua to turquoise. Try to find anything that isn't happy with blue or green but plays somewhere in between."


On TUESDAY, I thought I might have the ENTIRE day to sew.  After joining Angela's NEW Month End Celebration LINK PARTY, I worked on some GREEN String blocks:



Here is THE POST where you can read more about my (near) finish for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Alas, I didn't have all day to sew because I had some business to attend to.  Pesky bills demand to be paid.  :o((

WEDNESDAY was Transition Day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  This is the day that we officially say Goodbye:



And, even though I feel like I barely touched my PURPLE scraps:



We say Hello to:



Let's take a look at what TEAL/SEA GREEN scraps I have to work with during the month of February:



I went quilting today.  It was a fun and productive day. Thanks, J!!

What were you working on, Joyful??

A couple of projects, actually.  I started with my Law Enforcement Appreciation Quilt and once that (top) was done:



Sorry!!  You only get a glimpse for now.  Come back on Sunday to see how the top turned out.  Then...

I switched gears and cut about half of the shirts for my current T-quilt.  The Hedgehog Quilt is progressing:



On THURSDAY, I found a few minutes before dinner to sew another green string (or two) for the expansion of Rainbow Strings:




I spy some SEA GREEN in there... Hooray!!  It counts for a bit of RSC sewing for the week.  :o))

FRIDAY evening, I made a (very) small dent in my AQUA/TEAL scraps by cutting into them in preparation for February's Scrap Jar Star blocks:



I seem to have 3 or 4 different colorways in there .  It should be interesting to see how these fabrics play out in February's block production!!  I do know that I need to find a source for some AQUA strings to finish the expansion project on Rainbow Strings.

Any suppliers out there???  I will gladly accept a strip infusion!

On SATURDAY, I joined Angela's LINK PARTY and got lost in an ocean of SEA GREEN scrap projects being made by all of the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge Quilters.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm hearing about lots of people short on aqua scraps. Feel free to pull out light blue or baby green if you need to stretch things out a bit. Using scraps is the main thing after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Angela! I had to just kind of pretend that my scraps were of the sea green variety! ;)

      Delete
  2. Lots of ideas and inspiration here. I would be so glad to raise my hand and help you with some sea green fabrics but, alas, I am as low as you are. See you on Sunday. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots happening in your sewing room there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your green string blocks, and the pieces you have picked out for your Scrap Jar Stars look great, too! The scrappier, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh - your post is so colorful! I love it - great fun you have had

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your colors!!! I'm short on these colors like so many others in the challenge. It wouldn't be much of a challenge if it was so easy...right???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you got to play with a lot of different things this week. Can't wait to come back and see the Law Enforcement Appreciation project! All for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a busy week. I'll try and sort out the three bins and see how much aqua I have... might be able to send some =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had another productive week. You've got some great sea green scraps to play with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy week! I also didn't have as much teal/aqua as I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly did get a good bit done this week even if not in aqua. I k ow you will have good things to show next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scrap jar stars are going to be great! Here's wishing you lots of sewing time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have more aqua than I can possibly sew in a month! Maybe I should send you a package this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got teal/aqua scraps that I would gladly part with. email me at islandcat98 at yahoo.com and we'll make arrangements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.