Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sew Some Love Sunday - Quilts for Cure

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Kat's Link-up has been a good reminder to do some charitable sewing each week.  I'm really glad that she started this!

This week I chose fabric for the borders of my Law Enforcement Appreciation quilt:


Switching gears...

I visited Quilts for Cure, thanks to a nudge from Valerie at Evening in the Garden Quilts.  The heart blocks being collected by HollyAnne are just like the ones that The Nimble Thimbles and Cherry Creek Lane Quilters made for the Pulse Quilts that we sent to Orlando last year.  The only difference is the color!

Blocks for Quilts for Cure are to be made in blue, yellow, and white.  I'm pretty sure that I have some fabrics that will work. Also... I feel certain that there may still be time to make a few blocks!!  Time, maybe.  The right sized fabric scraps, no.  :o((

Here is how my ONE block progressed...

Laying out the pieces:



Marking the sewing lines:


What's that white "pencil" thing, Joyful???

 Some of you may recognize my Hera Marker.  I just wasn't in the mood to use my "regular" marking pens and the "indention" made by the Hera Marker was just enough to get the job done:


Double-sewing the angles results in "Bonus" Triangles (not pictured.)  I use them for other projects instead of discarding:


Bonus Triangles are trimmed away and stored for future use:


The pressing was done...


... And the block was completed:


I'm off to find an envelope!

**  If you missed the February 14th mailing date, you might like to participate by making a 20-block quilt top and sending that off.  If you choose that option, send an email to HollyAnne so that she will be expecting it.  Surely, if you mail a quilt top by the end of the week, she'll still be able to quilt it.  You will have saved her a step in the quilt making process.  If you are REALLY inspired, I'm sure she would accept completed quilts made with that Heart pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew!

I'll be linking up with Kat for her Sew Some Love on Wednesday.

Until next time...
Sew Some Love!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the heart block, your Law Inforcement Appreciation quilt is looking wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Hera marker. Haven't used it for years... like 35 years when I used to sew my own clothes in school. I know exactly where it is. I bet it would be a nice tool for longarm quilting. Happy charity quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one smart way to make a heart block. Wouldn't have thought it was that simple. Great cause. Kudos to you for participating. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are liking the link up, Joy! Your flag quilt is coming right along and I'm glad you are making those hearts. It's a good cause :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.