Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Wonderful Wednesday - UFO Club Finish

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  I have a finish.  I have a UFO Club finish!  It was actually finished a few weeks ago, but didn't get published for some reason. If I don't complete anything else, I will still have accomplished my goal.  Of course, there are other projects that I would like to finish this quarter.  We'll see how that goes.

For now, let's see what I checked off the list...

Project number 8 was my Batik Skinny Runner:


 This project from 2022 can be seen on the RIGHT in the photo above.

Sometimes we just need an easy win...

Am I right?  (You know that I am!)  Anyway, when I was packing for my recent retreat, I decided to pull backing and a scrap of batting for this small table runner.

Alas...

When I got around to quilting this, it was late in the evening and I couldn't quite determine if the thread I brought went well enough with the project:


No worries!!!

There were SEW many more projects where that one came from!  :P

Fast forward to the Thursday morning following that retreat...

Out came the skinny runner since I had a little while before I needed to leave for work.  Of course, you can probably guess at I forgot to stop quilting long enough for a photo. Whoops!

I did take a picture once the binding was on:


~ 6" x 28"

I even remembered to get a photo of the luscious apple print (of unknown origin) that I used for the back of the little quilt:


This project was chosen from among those on my list because it's PURPLE month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The blue-purple of the background squares totally qualified!  I love nothing more than finishing up UFOs in the Color of the Month (while most of the other RSC Quilters are busy making blocks for MORE quilts.)  The PURPLE batik paired well with the glorious Autumnal prints.  I can't take credit for that, though!  If memory serves me correctly, bits and pieces of this runner came to me as a small set of orphan blocks and some spare parts.  Thank you to Diane (or possibly Michelle) for sharing your scraps with me!  I thoroughly enjoy putting them to good use.

Here's an actions shot (shown below) with the skinny runner gracing the coffee table in our living room:


Sorry for the delay in posting, but it does have a lot of ORANGE in it for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month, as well.  This runner was originally meant for my April 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge entry, but another project stepped into that role.  You can find it HERE, if you missed the Link Party last month.

NOTE:  There's still time for YOU to come up with an F and/or L project for May's Challenge link-up beginning on Friday the 26th.  It will remain open through Wednesday, May 31st at 11:59 PM.

Until next time...
Mark another UFO off the list!!!

8 comments:

  1. Very sweet table runner. Thank for the reminder for May's Table Scrap Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish, Joy! I love anything with scrappy squares. The purple makes a great background fabric, too. Just thinking about Table Scraps project this morning, as a matter of fact. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish and nice to see that it's already in use! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish! Boy, this month went by fast, must go play with some orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An easy win and a pretty win, too! How great that it's already being used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Joy! Your skinny table runner is awesome. The purples look like puddles after an autumn shower. Love it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skinny runner...that is a great idea and looks wonderful on your table. Cheers for a quick finish.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.