Saturday, May 20, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 20

Welcome to Week 20 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I'm home and wishing that I was still in Florida.  It was lovely to get away from the everyday routine and my MIL's condo community is quite conducive to relaxation.

Getting back in the swing of things looked something like this...

SUNDAY - "Happy mom day."  That's the text I got from DS1.  Honestly, I'm glad to have gotten that much from him!  He's not overly demonstrative, that one.  I did get a hug from DS2 and he took time out of his day to pick us up from the airport.  Will work for food?  Could be...  :o))

Speaking of food...

We went straight from the airport to Mothers Day lunch at Alpaca Chicken:


YUM!!!

This RAINBOW reflection greeted me on the 2nd floor landing when I returned home:


I'm looking forward to catching up with my RSC Quilter friends soon!

MONDAY - Back to work  AND it was Quilt Guild night:


Julianne Walther brought her amazing Portrait Quilts for a lecture/trunk show:


LOOK at the incredible way she captures the eyes! Photo vs. mini proves my point!!!

You can find her newly released book Portrait Art Quilts: From Photos to Fabric on Amazon.  I didn't ask, but I'm certain you can also find it at the author's quilt shop, Cary Quilting Company.  (NOTE:  Anniversary SALE ends today!!)

TUESDAY - Work was followed by a quick grocery stop.

WEDNESDAY - Pleased to have the day off work and a new Wonderful Wednesday post was released this morning.

This afternoon, I was thrilled to resume my weekly Zoom sessions with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


RSC much???

Yep!  We both got the color cue memo.  What fun it was to see that we were wearing the same shade of red-ORANGE in honor of May's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month!!

THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Bee met this morning and I was actually able to attend, but was so excited to be there that I forgot to get a group photo.  I'm SEW sorry, Quilters!

Instead of smiling faces, you get to see the fun art project I worked on this afternoon...


I found a big rose petal in our driveway and wondered if I could do some petal printing in my journal.  That petal came from this glorious ORANGE-pink rosebush with no color enhancements made:


FRIDAY -  Work SHOULD have been preceded by Knit Group, which met this morning, but I was scheduled to be in earlier than I sometimes am so there wasn't time.

Since you don't get to see any fuzzy yarn, I thought you might like to see the NEW (recently released) Dark Colors POSCA paint marker set that I bought:


I was concerned that several of the colors would be duplicates of some previously purchased ones, but I'm pleased to report that ONLY the white one is remotely like anything else in my stash!

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Me???

I did a bit of ORANGE scrap sewing early in the week, but the block got wrinkled up in my bag on Monday night.  I used tiny slivers of scraps to make this little house to add to the random neighborhood quilt I'm making for this year's Guild Challenge:


It's been a fun way to use the Color of the Month.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

14 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you had a relaxing vacation cause it sounds like you came back to "real life" at fast speed! Those portrait quilts are awesome. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to relax a bit while down in Florida. One of these days we'll see each other in person! Those portrait quilts are amazing. Hope you have a fun (and quiet - they work on building houses on Saturdays here!) weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some awesome "creative" groups going on. The tiny house is a cute idea. It would be fun to add one to a quilt label too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back to busy! And creative! Hope you are enjoying getting back in the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great week, Joy! I checked out locations & menu for Alpaca Chicken. Sounds delicious! I'll have to check it out (Chapel Hill, maybe?) the next time I visit my brother. What do you like there? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back, missed you but glad it was fun. that house is sure cute
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son phoned me, after someone he was out with mentioned it was Mother's Day. Daughters seem much better at these sort of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed your time in Florida, Joy! That's a beautiful rose bloom, too. Love your little house block - looking forward to seeing what it turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great week and lots done after vacation. Love you and LeeAnna in colors matching the RSC color. My son was with us, a rescheduled weekend due to weather, but it felt special since it was mother's day too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Settle in to home--enjoy your new inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you had a "Happy Mom Day". So much happening in your world and all seems fun. Very cute house block. I have a feeling there will be more :-) Have a sew joyful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just catching up with your last 3 posts. I'm glad you had a relaxing FL vacation and got to celebrate a special life. I've been to the Columbia in Tampa and the one in Clearwater (twice). Celebrated my birthday at the Tampa location with a big pitcher of white sangria. Sadly, I've been so busy I haven't been doing much quilting. And now it's gardening time.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will work for food! Sounds like a kid right? glad you had such a good week - and the memo - thats funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The orange scrap block looks intriguing! I got couple of white posca markers recently. This was my first time using them, so different than the ones I already have.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.