Sunday, May 28, 2023

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 48 - Robobeagle Flies thru F and L

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s) here at The Joyful Quilter!!  I'm here to share the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge project that Robobeagle posted over on Ravelry the other day.  She posts it there because she doesn't have a blog and then I bring it to you.  It works that way or with an email and I would be pleased to share YOUR project, too.

Robobeagle had this to say:

I made a “placemat” for the Table Scraps challenge yesterday. I have been making disappearing HSTs and was tired of seeing all the points that don’t quite match because I apparently can’t consistently sew a straight line or cut exactly at 2” or whatever. The blocks are pretty, and I doubt if the eventual recipient will care. So, I switched gears and did some crumb piecing. I ended up with an extra block/slab/whatever that may become a zipper bag or wait for other inspiration.

These are from my orange, but not specifically Halloween fabrics. The little bursts of color for the most part are from triangles cut off another strip pieced project. F = “fun” and “finished (in one day)”, and the wavy quilting “lines” are the L. It’s about 13 x 17. I used variegated cotton petite 50 thread for the top, and a variegated green sewing thread in the bobbin.

Robobeagle shared these photos...

Front:


Back:


Give Robobeagle's ORANGE project some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her useful quilted "F and L" project as much as I did!  Thank you for sharing these photos for the blog, Robobeagle.  I'll be looking forward to seeing what you will do with the next challenge!

Link Party REMINDER...

All entries for the May 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge should be submitted by Wednesday, May 31st @ 11:59PM (EST).  Here's the LINK in case you would like to make a quick project to add or if you haven't yet seen the submitted quilted items for May.  Note:  You will find June's letter prompts included near the bottom of that post.

Until next time...
USE those table scraps!!!
#ABCtableSCRAPSchallenge2023
#tablescrapschallenge2023

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.