I made a “placemat” for the Table Scraps challenge yesterday. I have been making disappearing HSTs and was tired of seeing all the points that don’t quite match because I apparently can’t consistently sew a straight line or cut exactly at 2” or whatever. The blocks are pretty, and I doubt if the eventual recipient will care. So, I switched gears and did some crumb piecing. I ended up with an extra block/slab/whatever that may become a zipper bag or wait for other inspiration.
These are from my orange, but not specifically Halloween fabrics. The little bursts of color for the most part are from triangles cut off another strip pieced project. F = “fun” and “finished (in one day)”, and the wavy quilting “lines” are the L. It’s about 13 x 17. I used variegated cotton petite 50 thread for the top, and a variegated green sewing thread in the bobbin.