Saturday, May 27, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 21

Welcome to Week 21 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This was a crazybusy week in Joyful QuilterLand.  It was filled with work, meetings and artistic endeavors.

Read on to see the results...

SUNDAY - Today, six brave souls met for a handful of 5-minute 1-to-1 discussions about a variety of art related topics.  While waiting to gain admission to what @cayleegray calls Artist Speed Dating with members and friends of Get Messy Art I worked on the TRUST (the process) page in my art journal for Messy May:


Zooming in Sue's World started my week off right:


Sorry, SZQ, but I wanted the rainbow photo at the top of the blog today!

MONDAY - Work was followed by figuring out how I wanted to use these painted papers to create a page for today's IDENTITY prompt:


Hours later...

The papers were collaged onto the page, a zine was added, and the envelope used to attach it to my journal had been decorated with postage stamps, washi tape, and notes about what makes up our identity and the names I'm called - a big part of my own identity:


TUESDAY - Off to work with my ORANGE purse, used in honor of May's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month.  Shown here with the new-to-me book from my friend Karoline.  She knows how much I like making small quilts and I was the perfect choice to off-load er... gift this book to:


Thanks for thinking of me as you destashed your quilt library, Karoline!!

I haven't shown any Wordle or Quordle photos lately, but I clicked on Quordle Sequence for the first time.  It's even MORE challenging than regular Quordle, but I actually WON my very first attempt:


For those of you who are curious, this version of the game only shows where the letters are one word at a time.  Players must solve for the first word, then the second and so on.  No jumping around to solve the third word first!

WEDNESDAY - Work was followed by a quick series of errands and my weekly Zoom with my friend LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


During our session, LeeAnna helped me choose the inspiration photo for today's PALETTE prompt.  (Thanks, Lana!)  Below, you can see what I did with it:


THURSDAY - The day started and ended with my quilting friends.  Weekly Quilt Bee met this morning (without a photo) and Monthly Evening Quilt Bee met tonight.  I nearly missed getting a group photo then:


And...

Between those two events, I received these items from Britt:


To create a page for today's COLLABORATION prompt for Messy May:


But...

Before the finishing touches were added to the page, Britt loaded my latest T-Quilt on her longarm for quilting:


Thank you.  Thank You.  THANK YOU, Britt!!!

I quilted while she finished up her workday.  Stay tuned to see how that turned out...  Sorry!  Not now.  You will have to wait for an upcoming post, as there's a whole story to go along with it.


Work was followed by catching up on emails and catching a new online art journal class:


LOOK!!  The construction workers next door appear to have gotten the RSC color memo...


The photo above shows the ORANGE clay they trucked in from another construction site.  Got scraps?

Speaking of scraps...

That's today's prompt for Messy May!  :o))

I paired remnants from previous journaling sessions with the page extension that I added yesterday.  The flap from an envelope that I bound into my journal simply wouldn't have provided enough real estate for very much scrappy play:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  Please accept this lovely ORANGE rose, along with my apologies, for never getting around to visiting last week's links, friends.  I'll try to do better this week!


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

12 comments:

  1. I play Quordle every day, and have seen the box where I can click to play the Sequence version of it, but haven't tried it yet. Sounds challenging! Love the rainbow collage in your top photo! Looks like you're really having fun with the paper crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper crafts and journaling amaze and delight me. I am so interested, but just can't get off my " I can't do that, I don't have time for that too!, Where would I keep all the ephemera?" wagon! One day, I promise. Meanwhile I will watch your magic! Only Wordle played here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wordle and quordle every day now and have done the new sequence a few times. Congrats on solving it the first try! I need to do my challenge project tomorrow.... too nice out today so out there doing yard work while the temps are lower and the humidity is low.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's the prettiest rose! Brit has a very nice studio space. I like your rainbow opening pic a lot
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a few unfinished art journals somewhere, orange you glad you are journaling?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a fab week. I loved looking at your paper crafts. Beautiful work! I used to wordle every day - not sure why I stopped. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, pretty orange rose! That's an unusual one. And Artist Speed Dating, how wild! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A busy and fun week. Your journaling and paper work looks like fun projects. That rose is so pretty, can't remember I've ever seen an orange rose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I will have to try Quordle Sequence. It does sound like a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your messy collage in the first picture. It's so you. I also love your rose in the last picture. It's gorgeous! Between those two pictures, you are too busy for me. Ouf! I need a break now. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful rose! What an artistic adventure you enjoyed last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.