Saturday, May 6, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 18

Welcome to Week 18 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week, I can guarantee there won't be a lot of scrap sewing happening.  In fact, this week's post, and next, may be a bit sparse.

Read on for an explanation...

SUNDAY - Goodbye, April.  Hello, SZQ:


Here's what I did after releasing yesterday's post...


Sorry, Claudette!  I may have been multi-tasking during your journal tutorial:


I needed to see some real progress on the T-Quilt (shown above) in order to "allow" myself an Art Day with Britt:


MONDAY - Hello, May!  I'm off to work.

Angela @ So Scrappy released the new Color of the Month on Saturday.  The RSC Quilters will be working through their...

ORANGE

... Fabric scraps during the month of May.  I'm already thinking of ways to combine that with the F and/or L letter prompt for the next ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge!

TUESDAY - Work

I'm ready for some ORANGE scrap sewing:


WEDNESDAY - The last of the "normal" stuff...

My weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


By the end of the afternoon, there were only a few small piles of debris remaining at the construction site next door:


And then it was time to pack!!!

THURSDAY - Goodbye, North Carolina...


Hello, Florida! 


What a beautiful view:


I'm guessing this is a BIG shocker for most of you.  Believe me when I say that it was a bit of a surprise to me, as well.  This trip has been in the works for a couple of weeks.  DH added details as time passed.

FRIDAY - Visiting my MIL this weekend.  This afternoon we enjoyed a trip to the local "Will of Good".  I'm missing my ORANGE fabric scraps, but had some time playing in my new art journal this afternoon:


Later... 



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  Have fun visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  My apologies for not providing a direct link.  I'll try to remember to add it when I get home.  (DONE!)  I didn't bring my computer with me and I find Blogger a challenge to navigate via phone.  I'm going to miss visiting with everyone this week.

But...

I'll be enjoying these brilliant ORANGE beauties and other tropical flowers on-site:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

15 comments:

  1. Have a great time and enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the weather and the pool. . .your orange will be waiting patiently for your return!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  3. what you're out by the pool? yea! hat, sunscreen, umbrella, peace and quiet, pretty flowers, magazines. Glad you took some art supplies, I'd go crazy on a trip without something to make

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the sunshine state! I hope you have a lovely relaxing time! The orange scraps look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip! Looks very refreshing. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time in Florida! I was away from my laptop recently and struggled with blogging on my phone too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that you're visiting our state! Most of our local snowbirds have headed back north, so hopefully the traffic isn't heavy where you are. Florida has been delivering gorgeous weather lately - cool in the mornings, hot and sunny in the afternoons. Have a great time away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your visit to that sunshine state! Pool and sun, and flowers! Oh my! Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your trip to Florida, shouldn’t worry about the orange scraps, they will still be waiting for you when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A vacation to Florida sounds wonderful! Those orange scraps will be waiting patiently for your return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your vacation....looks delightful. Everyone will be here...some of us are catching up slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fabric will be there when you get back. Have a fabulous time!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  13. enjoy your vacation,sewing never ceases,I even think I even have projects that are hiding from me😄

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.