Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sew Some Love Sunday - Lutheran World Relief - Arrival of the Second Box

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Today, I am here to share another package that arrived in support for LWR.  Nann @ With Strings Attached sent this box:


Opening the box...


This is the card I found inside:


... Along with a check for batting.  Thank you SEW much, Nann!!

I appreciate that you shared the story behind the fabic:


I rarely remember who gave me what fabric once it's been incorporated into my stash.  So... Thank you, Paula P., for destashing some fabrics to Nann... Who has now shared some of those fabrics with me for the Lutheran World Relief effort:


Nann also shared other fabrics from her stash:


She cut squares for the LWR quilts to be made.  Here they are, as viewed from the top of the box:


On further inspection...



...The bulk of the box was filled with squares... 500 of them!!!

My email in appreciation:

Overwhelmed...

By your generosity, Nann.

Thank you doesn't begin to sound like enough to express my gratitude for your contribution to the LWR Charity Drive here on The Joyful Quilter blog. Sending fabric squares for TEN quilts? Wow! Yardage for several quilt backs on top of that? Awesome! The kicker was that you even sent along a check for batting. Incredible! That was an answer to an unspoken need. I had only, just yesterday, realized that I would need more batting to finish the LWR quilts.

What a blessing you have been, Nann, to me and to those people around the globe who will receive these quilts.


Another shout out...

After last week's LWR post, I got a comment from my good friend  Libby @ Life on the Hill blog.  Many thanks to Libby for her generous contribution to the shipping fund.

Is there still room for me to help, Joyful???

Absolutely!  Between Nann and Wendy, there is enough fabric for (at least) 15 quilt tops.  That means I'm going to have to purchase polyester batting (It dries quicker!) to finish FIFTEEN quilts.  I could DEFINITELY use some help toward that goal!!

Donations of Twin Sized Quilters DREAM POLY Select or Quilters DREAM POLY Request would be SEW useful.  Do you have any packages in your sewing space that you don't currently need?  (Because of severe allergies) I would happily accept those from any smoke-free home.  I realize that's a rather specific request, but the brand makes a quality product which affords excellent quilted results.

If YOU don't have batting on hand, maybe you can provide assistance toward the batting fund, even a couple dollars would be helpful.  Please leave a comment below and I'll get back to you with my mailing address, if you would like to mail a check.   Perhaps, PayPal works better for you.  A link to my email address can be found in my Blogger profile or leave a comment below and I will provide that information, as well.

THANK YOU!!!

This has become a BIG project here at The Joyful Quilter.  I am thrilled with the response, thus far.

I'm grateful for EVERY contribution and so appreciate your willingness to help.

Whooping it up with Sarah
at

Until next time...
GIVE comforting quilts!!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and generous donation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I have always said "I don't wish to be rich. I just wish to have generous friends" Looks like my wish came true for you!!! Enjoy the new bounty of gorgeous fabric. I am sure you are putting it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Joy! We're delivering some quilts from our church next week. The update from LWR is that some of the bales of quilts have been located and may still be useable: https://lwr.org/story-hub/more-details-emerge-humanitarian-goods-caught-beirut-explosion-damage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Nann! That's totally crazy but sooooo generous! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nann is incredibly generous - we all just love her, don’t we? And how wonderful that between the two of you (and Wendy too!) you’ve got the makings of fifteen quilts for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.