Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Tidy Up Tuesday - Package Delivery Wrap-Up - A Verb for Making Friends

Welcome to another edition of Tidy Up Tuesday!!  This week, I'm here to share a little surprise for a friend who recently moved to town.  We had grand plans, but I was sick when she arrived.  Once I was well, the world was socially distancing and we weren't able to get in a good visit until now.

Here's the entire story...

PQQ Challenge Q.5 (Trish) gave me the idea for a special gift.  It played off my Be Sew Colorful (Vibrant and Vivacious - PQ 11.6) quilt that I made back in March:


I knew that Sue would love my idea (and I was right) for this new challenge project:


I shared a few photos her along the way...


... Just to make sure that I was on the right track:


Here's the finished photo:


A close-up of my favorite letter:


Finally, the decoy photo!  The one to make her think this little quilt was mine, all mine:


Here's what she had to say after I posted the photos to my blog and on the Quilters Knitting group on Ravelry where we "met" twelve years ago this month:

heartheartheartheart It is so in our case. And SEW lucky I am to have you as a friend!

Isn't she sweet?  Little did she know that the "gift for a friend" that I talked about in my post...  Was for HER!!

(Insert wicked cackle here.)

Several weeks ago, Sue emailed about an online quilting supply SALE.  She wondered if I needed anything.  Normally, I would decline.  Not this time!  It turned out to be JUST the place that I had been eyeing a potential fabric purchase.

The order arrived quickly. WAY faster than the estimated delivery date!  Once the entire order was assembled, she came to get her mail order package.  (We combined our orders to save on shipping.)

A few hours (?) later I got the following text:

OMG, OMG, OMG 💗💗💗

Apparently, she opened the box.  My response:

LOL!! I guess you really like it, huh?

To which she replied:

From the minute I saw it!  Never ever expected to have it!!!  It's priceless and (I) will treasure it forever!

I continued with:

:o))
I made it just for you!!!

That surprised her.  She said:

Awwwww!  I had no idea. You're sneaky and SWEET!!!

tee hee hee.  My wicked plan worked.  You see, I had told her that it was for a friend who had recently moved into a new house and this was before Sue had moved into her new house.  (Instead of another friend's new home, I was actually referring to Sue's temporary housing.)

SEW...

After a meeting a few weeks ago, I ambled over to Sue's house...


... To retrieve my thank you gift...

Brownie photo unavailable.  I ate it!

... And get some photos while I was there:


While I was there, I got a tour of her new kitchen.  Her napping husband was asleep on the sofa the last (first) time I was there, so I got little more than a cursory glance.

Up in "Sue's World", I noticed the surprise that had been packed in with her purchases.  Can you say photo op?!?!  Well, if not, you KNOW that I am all about "picture proof" and snapped this shot:


While you can tell that she has smiling eyes, I wanted a photo with her (unmasked) face:


While I was at it, we might as well get a selfie:


No.  I didn't take my mask off.  Those are the rules.  Asthma be damned, my mask was in place until I returned to my car.  Sigh...  Stinking bats.  Stupid coronavirus!  Must protect myself and others.

The next time I visit, I'm expecting that she might have found the perfect place to hang her house warming gift.  :o))

Until next time...
Welcome home!!!



10 comments:

  1. What a sweet visit! Glad she liked her gift. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT blog post! That Sue is a lucky person...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful quilt! I like how the T looks like a needle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Your 'stinking bats' comment had me chuckling.... I made hubby a bat fabric mask back when they could wear patterned masks. I don't think many people got the 'joke'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing amazing women lifting each other up. Beautiful project for my beautiful friend Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing better than giving a gift to an enthusiastic recipient! Sue's smile says it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... You're such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this rainbow “Quilt” mini quilt. Such a thoughtful gift. The pictures with the threads look cute too. I like your wire for hanging the mini quilts. Maybe I need a little more decoration in my studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.