Saturday, July 11, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC20 - Week 28

Welcome to Week 28 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's the first full week of Dark BLUE for the RSC Quilters.  I worked on finishing up a scrappy little something for Independence Day.  By the time I had it this far, it was too late to get it bound on the 4th.

SEW...

My holiday ended here:



SUNDAY - Oh, happy day!!  I made some progress on a UFO this afternoon.  My modified version of Kevin the Quilter's first mystery quilt, Sapphire Stars, is about to get a facelift:


Better still?  I've already written up the blog post!  It's all ready once it comes time to share the completed project.  :o))

MONDAY - I released a NEW Mail Call Monday post this afternoon.  It details the arrival of some super cute fabric.

Later in the day, Maggie stopped by (Please, ignore the squinting.)...


... With a couple more (Thanks, Maggie!Pineapple Pieces Project blocks for our Weekly Quilt Group's latest charity project:


After dinner, I found that Alycia had announced her new QOV block for Colorado Quilt of Valor Quarterly Block Drive a few days ago.  (Where have I been?!?!) It's a block that I hadn't seen before.  If you are a fan of Jenny @ Missouri Star Quilt Co., it might not be new to you.  Go check it out (and send a block or 2 or 10) if you want to help!  (While you're at it, here is a LINK to the first block that Alycia made with the new pattern.)

TUESDAY - This morning, I posted the results of my 1000th Post Prize Drawing and then went up to sew.  Borders.  For a UFO!  :o))

See???  Here they are:


It looks like I've got a BIT more work to do!  Sigh...

WEDNESDAY - This morning, I released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  I shared something that had me dancing with glee!!!  (There's a tiny bit of Dark BLUE, too.)

This afternoon, I dug in to my red scraps for a very special project.  More on that in a later post.

THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Group met for ZoomBEE this morning.  Several friends were unable to join us today.  The photo below shows those who attended:


I spent the afternoon working on a face mask frenzy.  First, pressing and cutting for an order of four.  I couldn't stop there.  I had another two individual mask orders.  A few others jumped into the queue.  Five of these are Dark BLUE, so they even count as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



And then...

I have been wanting to try out a few patterns, so I chose fabrics for those, too:


Since it's a family celebration day, the sewing just might have to wait for tomorrow.  I did find a take some time after dinner to quilt up that secret sewing project that I mentioned yesterday.  It was calling loudly.

FRIDAY - ZoomKNIT met this morning.  It was a slim crowd:


While taking a tour around BlogLand after lunch, I realized that Kat @ Kat and Cat Quilts released the July/August Block Drive for Covered in Love.  Hmm... Maybe I'll make something along the lines of the mini quilt that I finished this week.  Read about that in today's Design Floor Friday post.

Late this afternoon, my friend Cheryl K. stopped by to drop something off - more about that another day:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  I'm off to visit all of the other RSC Quilters.  There are sure to be some fabulous Dark BLUE scrap project in the works!

After that, you can find me up in the studio. I'll be working my way through the next several steps of the 14 masks that I'm in the process of making:


Until next time...
Scrap SEW safely!!!

17 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun week for you. I haven't mastered the zoom thing yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you’ve got some new fun things in the works! I’ll be keeping an eye on your progress! Have a great week, and so glad you and your friends are “masked up”! Mine are not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy week! I think I will be making a few more masks today.... after I go get the drill and work on adding wire to the bottom part of the chicken coop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another busy and productive week. Congrats on all the project progress. Hope this week is as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you the busy one? Fun projects for mid-summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stripey borders with the red, blue, and yellow are sure pretty! Are they going on your Kevin the Quilter mystery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you are staying in touch with everyone. It is harder now, but you have managed to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you have been keeping VERY BUSY ! Love your sapphire stars, they just sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great BLUES in your Sapphire Stars!
    Have fun making masks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Pineapples are so fun. Lots of yummy blues in the Sapphire Stars. And I'm sooooo over making masks. I'm glad this hermit doesn't know that many people because I wouldn't be able to say no if asked but enough is enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to see the mask wearing! This post is fill of wonderful quilty tidbits as usually, but what has me really intrigued is what the facelift to that one quilt is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you go! Great projects and so glad you get to Zoom your knit meetings. Zoom meetings are definitely the way to go right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Joyful! I agree, you do deserve a gift, you generous heart! enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A busy productive week! Love the July 4th project at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joy you have GOT to be the Energizer bunny in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spy the Pink Panther in the pineapple! I think that can be forgiven in the blue month, don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a good week! I enjoyed making Kevin's Sapphire Stars quilt. It will be fun to see what your alternate version looks like. I love, love, love that little landscape quilt. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.