Saturday, July 13, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 28

Welcome to Week 28 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I'm hoping to actually do some PINK sewing this week.  At least a little bit.  Surely, I can manage that, don't you think?

We'll see how things go...

SUNDAY - Housework and I did it, I did it!  A little PINK sewing:




MONDAY - Hmm... Who KNEW?!?!  There are PINK flames on the Lego Star Wars X-Wing Fighter:



TUESDAY - An outing with the Junior Quilter this morning...



... Led to this fabric followed me home, thanks to Graylagran's recent purchase in another colorway:



This evening was the 1st of two meetings of my Nighttime Quilt Bee for the month.  Our venue must have gotten Angela's memo about July's Color of the Month because this PINK guy met us at the door:




... and the garden was a riot of PINK, as well:



Here's a shot of my PINK progress:


I finished this up last week, but it was still in need of pressing:


The task has now been accomplished... Back:


And... Front:


Now, Angela is enticing me with her Bear Paw tutorial:


Photo courtesy of Angela @ So Scrappy

WEDNESDAY - The Crepe Myrtle is blooming up a storm:



I did some PINK pressing this evening:




Even my nails are PINK... just NOT a shade that you might expect!


THURSDAY - I started my day with a visit to my Weekly Quilt Group.  I left a little early to meet a friend for lunch.  She was ALL about the PINK today!! Right down to her (rarely added) adult beverage with lunch:




After lunch, my girlfriend and I enjoyed an afternoon at the spa.  Nail spa, that is!  :o))

What color did you choose, Joyful???

As if there was any doubt...



And... I'm in the PINK:



My studio gallery wire is decked out in PINK, as well:


The quilt on the LEFT was a mug rug swap with Libby @ Life on the Hill blog and the one on the RIGHT was a thank you gift from Norma Bradley the Earth Quilt lady whom I assisted on a number of Artist in Residency programs around the Raleigh, NC area.

FRIDAY - I had planned on spending the morning at Knit Group started my day off right.  Instead, I stared at this PINK block on my Pecking Order quilt (trying to convince it to quilt itself!) 

Unfortunately, nothing happened.  Next week, this will HAVE to feature prominently on my To Do list:


Various activities balanced out my day.  The evening was spent gathering projects for tomorrow's sewing event.  A small version of a Beothuk Star QAL in PINK may figure into my task list:

 

Diann @ Little Penguin Quilts reeled me in with her sweet finish, but Mari @ The Academic Quilter pushed me over the edge with her fabric selection.  They reminded me of the scraps shown above.

Sandra @ Mmm Quilts! recently hosted a QAL and 18 wonderful quilts were made from the pattern.  I'm hoping to add another.

SATURDAY - You will find Angela's LINK PARTY for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at her So Scrappy blog.  (Surely, she'll get tired of staring out at the ocean long enough to post for us soon enough!)  Today is July's Sew-Craft Friends-zy, so I'll catch up with the other RSC Quilters tomorrow.  You go on ahead.  Especially if you like PINK!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

15 comments:

  1. Lots of nice pink going on there! I've put my blinders on every time I see Beothuk Stars, but I agree Mari's version just about pushed me over the edge. I had forgotten there was pink in that mug rug. Yours stays on my side table in the red family room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read anything about Beothuk Star QAL. I'm checking out that link and the one that Sandra at MMM quilts right after I comment. LOVE your nails. I haven't had a chance to take a pic of my longarm tensioner yet for your example. I'll get there today I hope. Glad you got some pink sewing in this week. Can't wait to see what you do with those pink scraps you pressed. Happy Saturday, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all the pink! Enjoy your sewing day today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shoutout, Joy! I hope you do make a Beothuk Star quilt - it's such a beautiful design. Love your pink nails, and your pink tiny block, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've had a pink week, Joyful! ;-) When a color is on my mind I tend to see if much more often than I otherwise would. Your crepe myrtle is beautiful and I love the black and pink circle (I don't know the name of the block).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty pink happening at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pinks with all your great black fabrics in pecking order. Heres to two more weeks of pink fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I am reading all the Fun stuff you do - I kept saying Oh No Joyful doesn't have pink on her nails yet!! So glad you fixed that ha ha!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great stuff happening for you this week! I love how you find pink wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for reminding us to look for pink everywhere! (and now I'm wondering if I can get some fuschia cone flowers to grow at our camp!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink is one of my favorite colors, so I think this is a great post! Lucky you with all that pink round. The Beothuk star quilt is really fast and easy-- can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your sampling of various items using the color of the month. That Pecking Order block is very interesting and really shows off the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful in pink!!! Fabrics, nails and drink too. Love this pretty in pink post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a pretty in pink week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.