Saturday, July 6, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC 19 - Week 27

Welcome to Week 27 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's Transition Week, but the change will occur early.  Check Monday's entry because by the time you read this post, a new Color of the Month will be in effect.

SUNDAY - I did a little dark BLUE sewing (just to say goodbye to June's Color of the Month.)  I'm working on a NEW Quilted Scrap Basket to hold the overwhelming amount of scraps I found:




I also did a little bit of house keeping (in the studio.)  I emptied two scrap bags from friends.  The fabric bits have been sorted by color (and the icky feeling fabric got thrown in the trash!)

For those of you keeping track, I logged an additional seven HOURS ripping out stitches on my Pecking Order quilt.  (Add that to the three hours on Friday for a total of TEN HOURS!!!)

The worst part??

There're STILL more stitches to be removed!  Ugh.  LISTEN to the machine, Joyful!!

MONDAY - Good morning and happy July!  Angela hasn't made the announcement yet, but I believe the new Color of the Month is:



Before dinner, I released a new Mail Call Monday post.

Well, I was WRONG!!!

After dinner, I found that Angela threw me a curve ball.  You can read the color announcement HERE.  In the meantime, I'll give you a LITTLE clue.  The new color is:


PINK

That being said, Angela "gave me permission" to change the color to suit myself, but I don't really like to do that.  I'll work with the REAL Color of the Month!  At least, enough to say I did SOMETHING and then continue (with no regard to color) to work on with the plethora of projects that I am currently in my queue.  :P

TUESDAY - So (for me) ONE hour of stitching = ELEVEN hours of UN-stitching!!!  I put in one final hour to complete the job this afternoon...

IF...

I don't have to rip out the basting stitches from when I loaded the quilt and started out!!!

I'll have to check on that one, too.

Thank you to SueK for sending a video link for me from Linda the Electric Quilter!!!  It turns out my TOWA gauge is NOT broken.  While that is a relief, I still have to figure out how to USE the silly thing!!

SQUIRREL!!!

Angela linked a new Tiny Tuesday block today.  I found it after finishing (FINALLY!!) the ripping on my Pecking Order Quilt.  My good friend, Libby, wrote up this week's tutorial.

SEW...

Even though I haven't followed along closely with the QAL (too many other projects on the go), I just HAD to give it a try!



As you can tell by the photo  above, I'm STILL in transition mode.

WEDNESDAY - In order to share my PINK progress for the week,  I dug out the scraps that I have to work with.  Here is the basket and baggie of scraps that I found to play with during this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



THURSDAY - Happy Independence Day to my readers in the USA!!  I hope you all enjoy a fun and relaxing time with family or friends:


Made for me by MichelleInSeattle in a Mug Rug Swap on Ravelry

Maybe YOU even found a way to celebrate
with a bit of
sewing time (like I did)!  :o))

Bonnie Hunter from  Quiltville announced the 2019 Leader & Ender Challenge.  You are encouraged to use small bits of time, along with fabrics from your Scrap Bin, to create a quilt in a year's time.  She added a new component this year by introducing a WEBBING CHALLENGE, as well.  Go check it out.

FRIDAY - Happy weekend!  I was thrilled to see that the first bit of PINK popped out on the Crepe Myrtle overnight:



SATURDAY - Today, you will find that it's LINK PARTY day over on Angela's So Scrappy blog.  If you are a BIG fan of PINK, then you aren't going to want to miss it.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear all of the wasted time un-stitching but you very well know that in the end it wasn't wasted time at all. And Joy, please listen to the machine. Enjoy the pink! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! That's a lot of hours spent Unstitching! Congratulations on sticking with it, though. I have a string quilt that needs lots of unstitching from a bad attempt at free motion quilting. It's been waiting for years now for me to actually attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your overflowing scrap bins of pink! Mine were fuller than I thought (note WERE FULLER)I just spent the afternoon cutting pieces for bow tie blocks. I think I have enough for a SOCCER team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have lots of pink scraps to sew with! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad that you have to spend so much time removing stitches. It is nicer to use the time to sew. So many nice pink scrap you have for July. Enjoy the pink scraps sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fun week in the Joyful life! I really enjoy reading about your adventures. Congrats on the un-sewing. It's a drag, but sometimes a quilter's gotta do what a quilter's gotta do. Have fun with the pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, ripping! Hope that's all behind you now. I love your pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oof. A whole herd of frog stitching. Wait, do frogs travel in herds?? No! Google says, "an army of frogs." I hope they finish marching all over your quilt soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you i am slowly easing into the pink month. I want to finish my blue scrap bin before i dig in on the pinks. Heres to a productive week with any color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I thought it looked purple too! Guess we were both fooled! Pink will be fun.... wish I had more time with the sewing machine this month for it. Glad the unpicking is finally over. Good luck with the retry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.