Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sew Some Love Sunday - Kit Quilt

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  Last week, I put together a kit quilt for the donation program at my Guild.  If you visit my blog regularly, you might have seen this photo in this week's Wonderful Wednesday post:


I pieced the kit at last week's Sew/Craft Friends-zy event:


If you are new here, you may have seen yesterday's ScrapHappy Saturday post.  I shared another photo of the completed top:



Well, I got a wild hair today and decided that I needed to tackle my (longarm) tension issues.  That meant loading a quilt and the Donation Kit Quilt was the smallest one with all the components waiting to meet needle and thread.  It loaded in a flash:



The quilting didn't take very long, at all, either:


Immediately after the quilt was removed from the frame, it got a quick trim and a full floor shot:


All that took LESS THAN an HOUR!!!

I really should have made and applied the binding, too.  The strips are already cut and, had I done that, it would have given me the satisfaction of a fast finish (and saved me the frustration of reloading a quilt that wasn't really ready for the frame.)

Not QUITE a finish...

Maybe the binding can be a project for one evening this week.  I don't believe that I have any meetings scheduled.  Come back next week to find out!  In the meantime, I'm off to go check my calendar.

Until next time...
Sew Some Love!!!

3 comments:

  1. Bright and cheerful. Someone will love it. I was in similar sunday mode. Decided to try to whip up isolette covers 36×40 for a while for a local nicu. Seems like small projects could get me out of a dog days of summer slump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt. I assume the tension issues have been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Glad the issues are resolved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.