Saturday, July 20, 2019

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC19 - Week 29

Welcome to Week 29 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I have a feeling that PINK will not be playing a primary role in the coming week.  I could be wrong, but there are quite a few other activities scheduled.

Read on to see how the days passed...

SUNDAY - Trip to GBO.  Multifaceted.  First stop, Target to pick up our new gas grill!  :o))

Next stop, MIL's house.  To give her a BIG hug!!!  She is the one who found such a sweet deal that we couldn't resist purchasing our new gas grill.  Our old one still cooked, but it was literally falling apart!!

The last stop was a visit with DH's brother and SIL, who are spending the summer on the East Coast.  We don't see them often since they moved out of state.  Dinner, dessert, and catching up was on the menu.

MONDAY - Guild Night, What is Modern Quilting?  Some of the quilts donated this month and one featured PINK:



I also managed to release a quick Mail Call Monday post.

TUESDAY - Girls Night Out.  Table for four.  Everyone was an achy mess, so we had dinner and went home early.  On the up side, I finished weaving in the yarn tails on my Hoodie Shawl Cardi!!

WEDNESDAY - Cooked dinner on our NEW grill and released a new Wonderful Wednesday post.  I also spoke with DS1 on the phone.  That's a fairly rare occurrence these days and it was nice to chat for a little bit.

THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Group... and I was there!  I forgot my Show, but had a Tell.  I would have shown THIS, if I had remembered to bring it:




It's the donation quilt top (made from a kit) that I completed over the weekend.  Now, I have to decide how to quilt it...



FRIDAY - It was a LONG day!  I woke up early and headed to Raleigh for APQS Owners Group.  There was PINK to be seen:



Carolyn had a BRILLIANT idea!!  She makes a LOT of baby quilts, but recently she's been using her scraps to make what she calls "quilt starters" ahead of time.  An example is shown above.

When her son or daughter asks her for another baby quilt for a friend or co-worker, Carolyn chooses borders and customizes the gift with a customized machine embroidered label.  Genius, right?!

Once the meeting was over, I made a few purchases and left to deliver the CHQP quilts from Brunswick Quilt Guild:



Patience, dear readers!  I know that YOU may have questions about what that means.  Never fear, a wrap-up post is in the works for this coming Tuesday.  Please be sure to stop back by.

It's Pizza Night with DH, as DS2 had an event to attend.

Afterwards, I spent some time on the computer and some time in the studio.  Sorry!!  Nothing photo-worthy, though.  Just packing for tomorrow's quilting event.

SATURDAY - LINK PARTY at Angela's So Scrappy blog.  My Monthly Quilt Bee meets today and I'm hosting.  Normally, that would mean house cleaning.  I got smart!!  I opted to rent G's Quilt and Craft Retreat for the day.  Members can choose to contribute (or not.)  If not ONE person hands me money, I won't even care!!!  It was SEW much less stressful (and everyone got to bring their projects to work on all day long.)



The rainbow quilt shown above is on display at Cary Quilting Company.  I couldn't resist sharing a photo for the RSC Quilters.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!!

7 comments:

  1. A quilt starter is a great idea! Also a great idea to rent the retreat place. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your sew day is a blast and you have a chance to work on something fun! I liked that quilt starter idea, too. I probably have a few of those already, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the quilt starter idea is brilliant! And speaking of brilliant, renting a location for a day sounds like a great plan to me! I’m sure you all had a fun and productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Joyful! I love all the rainbow colors in your post--your donation top, your T-shirt, and especially the gorgeous rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The third charity quilt is giving me a pink vibe. I had to make that pic bigger -- I'm very interested in the 2.5" strip blocks. It looks like a great scrap buster. Glad you got to touch base with all the family this week. Woohoo on the new grill! Perfect season for it. Gotta love a great deal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so much pretty! Love your energy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I'd never admit to it before, I have a few quilt starters (sheepish grin). It is so much better than a UFO or even a WIP. It is like a bread starter - so much promise and none of the judgment!!!. Your t-shirt is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.