Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Winter 2024 - (Ravelry) UFO Club - The List

Welcome back to The Joyful Quilter!!  The Winter 2024 (Ravelry) UFO Club is now OPEN for sign-ups!!  Participants MUST list (at least) FIVE quilt projects. Photos should accompany the list. Sign-ups end at midnight EDT on January 7, 2024.

NOTE: All qualifying finishes must be posted BEFORE midnight (EST) on March 31, 2024!!!

What's the plan this time, Joyful???

My strategy is usually to list WAY more projects than I could EVER possibly finish in a single session and hope for the best!  The "at least FIVE" project requirement for participation is the bare minimum, but I tend to err on the side MORE is better.  You see, I'm a bit of a moody quilter.  That means I have to "be in the mood" to work on any given project!  By varying the size and style of the items included on my list, I have options.  These choices increase the chances of finding projects that I want to work on during the quarter.

Here is my project list for the WINTER 2024 (Ravelry) UFO Club:
1. QFK JRR on Steriods (2023)
2. SAHRR Holiday Edition (2023)

3. Blue and Green for Parrish (2016)

4. Yellow JRR on Steroids - A2 Baby! (2023)


5. DOQ Neighborhood Challenge (2023)


6. Scrap Jar Stars (2017)


7. Sweet Kisses (2021?)


8. Grape Candy Coated (2023)


9. Scrappy Light NEUTRAL Runner/Topper (2023)


10. Noah's Grad Quilt (2020)


11. Stay at Home ROW Robin (2021)

12. Bright Eyes (Faces Workshop 2021)
SEW...

Since I'm clearly out of my mind, I have chosen to compile an equally heavy list as last term.  The reasoning behind the insanity is that with 12 projects for the Winter 2024 UFO Club, I'm hoping that I will be lured by the options and will plan for additional quilting time - alongside Project Quilting AND the 2024 Stay at Home Round Robin.  You KNOW what they say about busy people, right?  They get MORE done.  My goal is actually only ONE finish for the quarter.  More than that is a bonus!

Speaking of bonuses...

13. QFK Crayon Challenge (2023)


I thought I'd added a few to be on the safe side, but removed a few, too!  There are times when I can't manage more than a small project. A baker's dozen, it is!
Remember...
There's still time for YOU to join in the finishing fun!  Sign-ups are open through Sunday, January 7th @ midnight (EST), so head over to the Quilters Knitting group on Ravelry today.  Email if you need help with the process. (You will need to sign-up for Ravelry, the Quilters Knitting group, then state your intentions and projects in the discussion thread linked above.)
Until next time...
Wish me luck!!

6 comments:

  1. I laughed at your description of your list! Of course you need to have options!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of great UFO's to work with,I'm trying to drindal all mine down before starting new ones but we're only 4 days into the month so we'll see🤣I did the UFO club this past time but couldn't find a linky to add finishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great UFO's to play with!!!! I really like #8-even with the sideways block you put sideways to drive me crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Some of them look really close to done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear bright eyes asking to be finished this quarter. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lot of good projects to finish up. Who knows? Maybe you could get a few finished up -- one per month! Good luck. I sometimes feel like I'm the queen of UFOs but I find I'm in very good company! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.