Saturday, January 6, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC24 - Week 1

Welcome to Week 1 of the 2024 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week is full of promise.  My hope for this first week of the New Year is that I will find time for ALL the things.  Will that happen?

Let's have a look...

SUNDAY - Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!!

Before that...

My 2023 Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Year in Review post went live on the blog.

I started my day with a few of my Get Messy friends.  I worked on this entry for the 5-Minute Art Challenge...


And...

 Britt showed off her first collage in the mini journal that I gave her for Christmas:


After lunch, I enjoyed my weekly Zoom session with Knittingsuek:



MONDAY - Happy New Year!!!

Angela announced the Color of the Month for January.  Here is what I have to work with in the Dark and/or Bright GREEN that we have been encouraged to play with:




Check out my RSC 2024 - The Plan post which was released today.

After lunch, I was thrilled to be able to visit with my friends from the Curiosity Collective at Get Messy.  We were exploring how to embrace a new season of art making.  This was my takeaway from the lesson:


After that was done, I worked on the page for the 5-Minute Art Challenge:


TUESDAY - Tidy Up Tuesday

Today, on the blog, I released the following post:


After work, I was greeted by this gorgeous sunset:



And, with that, the Year End/New Year barrage of blog posts has ended.  We will now revert back to just a few posts per week.

I'm celebrating by sewing up some GREEN scraps:


I came home to this view of our inaccessible driveway:


Yes, there is some sort of machinery on in front of my garage space:


THURSDAY -  Work, but this was the view afterwards:


And when I got home, I found that our from yard had been restored to a more reasonable condition:


FRIDAY - Work...

Finished for the week with this cloud covered sunset:


Was followed by my weekly Zoom session with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


At the end of the evening, I discovered that Angela is hosting a new event this year:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'll add the direct link when she gets this week's party started.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

10 comments:

  1. It seems like the never-ending construction job is going to be with you for a while still! Very fun plans and artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do it all? Every time I read your blog I am impressed with how many regularly scheduled "art" meetings/projects you do weekly. Clearly your year is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're getting out of work just in time for the beautiful sunsets, Joy! I predict that there are green scrappy blocks in your sewing future, too. It will be fun to see what you make from that basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything is tiptop around your yard now, Joy! I learned a lot, jumping around to all your magic links! So table scraps is green snowflakes this month? Or is it green, or snowflakes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all the construction mess would have driven me totally mad by now. Hopefully it will be done soon. I'm always impressed by how well you keep up with your various creative friends via Zoom as well as in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another busy week for you! Looking forward to seeing what you make from your collection of green scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A new year and new challenges! Are you participating in Project Quilting 15? Or is that one too many projects this year? My head is whirling! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always challenge by the never ending construction, aren't you. Hens and chicks looks fun but maybe more structure than I need, but I love the idea of a baby quilt....am considering.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your green scraps are so full of promise :-) I wonder what they will become. I noticed your one nail with signature green polish. Thanks for letting us know about Lee Anna's antics. Checking it now. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just getting caught up on blog posts after my 3 week trip to Texas over the holidays, following by a week long battle with a head cold. You really did get an amazing amount of things done in 2023. Now about "Noah's grad quilt" from your Ravelry list. 2020??? was it for his high school graduation? If so you'd best make that one a priority so you can give it to him for his college graduation this year (if he indeed went on to college).
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.